Pikeville Medical Center
Reports to: Director Department: Information Systems
Analyzes, develops, and modifies programs in support of hospital operations for more efficient processing. Assists departments in special retrieval of information in report formats they request. Assists users with problems in their particular application (such as reporting, file maintenance, JCL control strings, training and questions). Operation of computer as filling in when needed, as well as performing system upgrades. Assists in special project for statistical information for third party vendors. Assists in conversions to new computer systems hospital wide. Assists in evaluation and recommendation of new computer systems.
1. Maintains, develops, and alters programs to ensure accurate and efficient information hospital-wide.
2. Implements and tests all new updates to the application and system software for a high level of performance. Ensures a smooth and efficient flow of information throughout the system hospital-wide.
3. Maintains and enhances the hospital's Internet and Intranet Web services.
4. Consults with user departments that utilizes the data processing services to determine a need for change or new programming request.
5. Assists in evaluation and recommendation of new computer systems keeping the best interest of the hospital as top priority.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital operations and utilizes this knowledge in assisting in any conversions necessary to enhance the hospital's system.
7. Assists departments in training for any new applications or upgrades to their current application.
8. Build interfaces between disparate systems.
9. Demonstrates understanding of hospital operations and procedures. Willingness to accept other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
10. Adheres to dress code.
11. Functions as a preceptor to orient new employees.
12. Meets all departmental specific competencies.
13. Adheres to medical center policies addressing infection control, safety, and personnel guidelines.
14. Demonstrates knowledge of and compliance with the medical center code of conduct and applicable corporate policies and procedures.
15. Maintains patient confidentiality and treats patients and families with respect and dignity.
Must be able to utilize general office equipment, i.e., computers, printers, calculators and fax machines.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
About Pikeville Medical Center
PMC is a 261-bed tertiary care center offering more than 400 services with over 300 physicians on staff and approximately 2,500 employees. This year we are excited to be celebrating our 90th year of service to the community and surrounding area. We are currently members of the Mayo Clinic Care Network; an association that we believe is extremely beneficial to our patients, as well as our physicians. We are proud to offer all specialties and nearly all sub-specialty services. PMC provides the best comprehensive benefits package you will find anywhere and a quality work life like no other.
Pikeville Medical Center is preparing to receive a Level II Trauma accreditation by early summer of 2015. Last year the hospital received more than100 air transfers and over 700 ambulance transfers with trauma patients.
PMC has been recognized by the U.S. News & World Report as one of the best regional referral centers. Modern HealthCare Magazine recently selected PMC as one of the Top 40 Hottest HealthCare based on our financial growth. Moody Investors Service has recently reaffirmed PMC with the A3 long-term rating with a stable outlook. This confirmed our financial growth and stability. While other hospitals are being down-graded by Moody Investors Service, PMC stands firm and continues to experience growth resulting in our need for more well-trained staff.
Thu, 11 May 2017 10:51:25 PDT