Sr. Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of project management for mostly high complexity, high visibility project(s) over the entire life of the initiative. The Senior Project Manager understands complicated business objectives and scope and assembles a team to deliver superior results for their project(s). The Sr. Project Manager works closely with accountable Delivery Leaders in the Business and Technology to ensure assigned project(s) deliver on business objectives and value, while managing scope/timeline/budget and technical risk. The Sr. Project Manager may be responsible for multiple projects at one time. The Sr. Project Manager will be able to provide support and guidance for both business and technology initiated projects. This position requires strong knowledge of technology processes and implementation procedures.
- Partners with Technology Managers and Directors to lead Technology projects in support of the department's strategic plan. Viewed as a project Leadership resource responsible for driving analysis, recommendations, decisions and delivery.
- Defines complex project plans for multiple simultaneous projects or for a single highly complex project including scope, budget and schedule and executes tasks defined in the project plan to achieve project goals using standard project management methodologies and practices.
- Validates and helps develop business cases with Customers, as well as develops a project charter.
- Drives testing and acceptance of project results.
- Partners with resource managers, Business Partners and vendors to assemble a project Team and provide ongoing motivation to drive projects to completion.
- Mentors and coaches other Project Managers.
- Proactively monitors risks, issues, and scope, ensuring the appropriate level of priority, visibility and escalation.
- Leads and facilitates project meetings and presentations to Leadership.
- Engages and initiates change leadership.
- Drives Teams and Customers toward decisions.
- Establishes cross functional alliances within and outside of the Technology Department to drive results.
- Leverages governance for project benefit.
- Gains buy-in for project goals and decisions with \"tough\" and diverse Customer groups.
- Proactively communicates plan and all relevant components of the plan such as risk, schedules, expectations and ongoing updates to Stakeholders, Sponsors and Project Teams to maintain project alignment.
- Builds trust and influences without authority cross-functionally and across diverse teams.
- Builds partnerships to collaborate and uses influence to gather Customer and business requirements and communicate effectively with all project Teams and support groups.
- College degree in Technology, Finance, Business or equivalent work experience
- MBA preferred.
- 3 or more years work experience in project management
- 2 or more years as a project manager required
- Knowledge of issues/risk management and project change requests required.
- Proficient knowledge of strategic and financial analysis.
- PMP certification or equivalent work experience as a Project Manager required.
- Expert knowledge of project processes, problem management tools and procedures.
- Expert knowledge of MS Project, Visio, MS Office Suite including SharePoint.
- Expert knowledge of technology applications and systems infrastructure.
- Advanced knowledge of application impact on operational and business functions.
- Proficient financial acumen to interpret corporate financial analysis and financial statements.
- Strong Customer Service and Team orientation.
- Demonstrates and employs active listening skills.
- Maintains composure under pressure and accurately assesses problem situations.
- Assumes a high level of responsibility and provides direction in a Team-oriented environment, directing tasks to finish by scheduled completion date.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and written, at all levels
- Reorders job priorities for Team and self as needed.
- Manages highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Works effectively in a fast paced, collaborative, Team based environment.
Sun, 23 Apr 2017 14:31:56 PDT