Assistant Director of Admissions
A results oriented position which manages an assigned geographic territory in order to recruit students to Husson University. Responsible for all aspects of the admissions recruitment cycle including travel to high schools and college fairs, communicating with school counselors, secondary school teachers, prospective students and parents. A position which requires one to adapt to change, a competitive drive and ability to connect with others and share enthusiasm for the University and its programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ownership of territory including assisting in formulating a territory specific recruitment strategy, leading and executing to meet or exceed goal.
• Manage all aspects of an assigned recruiting territory and portion of the whole admissions funnel.
• Maintain current and develop new partnerships with school counselors and secondary school faculty members in the name of Husson University for the purpose of recruiting new students to the University.
• Represents the University at various fairs and informative programs.
• Assists in the office with processing of applications, meets with potential students.
• Other miscellaneous duties may be assigned.
• Develops and maintains an overall knowledge of each program of study so that questions may be discussed with prospective students.
• Maintain accurate visit and recruiting records for all high schools in an assigned territory.
• Assisting prospective students in through the college enrollment process by phone, email, social networking and traditional mail is required.
• Assist with planning, set up and execution for all admissions related events.
• Partner with other University offices for the purposes of new student recruitment.
• Travel and work flexible hours to recruit high school students through presentations at high school, fairs, and collaborative work with partners, schools or community groups and other off-campus events as needed.
• Extensive travel required in the Fall and Spring seasons, during the week and weekends for the purposes of new student recruitment, primarily in New England and occasionally in New York, New Jersey or Pennsylvania.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education: B.S. degree
Experience: 2+ years in related field preferred, especially if in college admissions or sales
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
Considerable lifting (up to 50 pounds) and moving of recruitment materials during relatively intense 4 month travel season. Additional periodic travel is required. Travel outside of state is required. A valid drivers license is required.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.