Bookkeeper and HR/Office Manager
We are looking for a senior bookkeeper and office manager. This position bridges the same responsibilities for two companies housed in the same location. One company services the film & television industry. The other is a manufacturing company. Both are located in Los Angeles. Both businesses have been in business for over 10 years. Responsibilities for the two companies together make for one full-time well compensated position.
We are looking for a QB superstar. Competence and confidence are essential for the position.
First and foremost, someone who knows bookkeeping. All matters of bookkeeping and accounting for both companies - AP, AR, monthly reports, reconciliations, and preparing reports and files for year-end in coordination with our accountancies. Intimate knowledge of ledgers, journals and QuickBooks is essential. Working knowledge of QB advanced inventory systems, BOMs and Assemblies in QB is a crucial part of this position.
Someone who can handle the operational responsibilities of all back room needs for the organizations. This includes dealing with HR matters for the companies (about 12 individuals), business taxes and licenses, insurance liaison with our property, casualty and health insurers.
Someone who is well organized, can multitask and is well versed in how to use technology effectively to create a very efficient and streamlined workflow. This includes high-level organization, daily protocols, compartmentalizing tasks, and being very computer saavy.
Someone who is honest about out any blind spots they may have while running day to day activities. Bringing questions and uncertainties to the management instead of guessing about how to handle certain situations.
Our regular office hours are 9:30am to 6:30pm, Monday through Friday. These are the expected hours you will work. There may be some overtime or weekends needed.
QUALIFICATIONS TO BE CONSIDERED:
• Four (4) year BS degree in Accounting preferred - candidates with accounting degrees will be considered first
• Minimum 3-5 years experience as an bookkeeper and accountant
• Have handled coordinating year-end with outside CPA firm.
• Although the preparation of federal income tax returns are NOT required, previous experience and knowledge helps your consideration. Month reporting knowledge is a must.
• Know QuickBooks Enterprise and QuickBooks Advanced Inventory
• Experience with QB Inventory or Integrated Manufacturing Operational Software systems is preferred.
• Strong and broad experience in accounting and ability to apply strong GAAP knowledge to business scenarios.
• A high level of initiative and drive. Natural sense of ownership for projects and duties.
• Communication skills for credibility at all levels of the organization
• Strong technical and MAC and PC skills (particularly Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks)
• Informal leadership qualities with ability to drive change effectively across functional areas
• Thorough knowledge of bookkeeping processes and procedures.
• Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
• Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others' ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Presents key items to management.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
• AP - posting, processing vendor payments and filing
• AR - collection call and invoicing. Post and process payments from customers and filing
• Payroll - handle the entire payroll process. Must have experience doing in house payroll and all filings.
• Manage cash flow and discuss cash flow with owner
• Make journal entries
• Prepare and file quarterly sales and use tax returns for several states
• Reconcile bank statements and credit card statements
• Prepare year-end 1099 & 1096
• Oversee HR issues such as our insurance plan, PTO tracking and keeping HR files.
• Prepare monthly financial reports for management.
If you are interested and qualified, please send your resume w/ salary history. Please indicate your salary requirement in your cover letter. This position is for immediate hire.
Health Insurance benefits, plus paid vacation and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Los Angeles, CA
PRECISION is a unique creative media group, Part think tank, part production company, wrapped inside a state-of-the-art full service editorial, motion graphics and finishing facility. Proudly serving film studios, television networks, advertising agencies as well as brands directly for over twenty five years. www.meetprecision.com
Founded in 2003, Zylight LLC is the leading manufacturer of intelligent LED lighting instruments for the film and video production industry. Every model in its easy-to-use lighting system produces fully calibrated bright white light, while some also provide a spectrum of adjustable colors without gels. Full wireless control and DMX integration are included, and AC or DC power options are available. The Zylight state-of-the-art LED system is truly the most unique and flexible lighting system on the market today. With more than 80 dealers worldwide, Zylight continues to develop innovative LED lighting solutions to help make your job easier. More Than Bright, Zylight. Find out more at www.zylight.com.
Los Angeles, CA
Sun, 7 May 2017 16:03:32 PDT