Functional Title Program Coordinator
Position Type Administration - Staff
The Office of Campus Activities and Programs is a department within the Division of Student Affairs. The mission of the UNCG Office of Campus Activities & Programs is to promote involvement and engagement by educating students to create a vibrant campus life. We support opportunities for transformative learning through involvement. We encourage participation and engagement in student groups; planning, executing, and experiencing campus events and programs; and fostering leadership in the student community are cornerstones of involvement. Specific departmental responsibilities include the coordination of student group affiliation, student group leadership and training development, weekend life, planning programs for non-traditional students, and administrative advising of select student groups including Campus Activities and Events (ACE), Student Programming Assistants, the Student Media Board, and Fraternity and Sorority Life. Additional responsibilities include planning major campus traditions such as Rawkin Welcome Week, Minerva's Mid-Days, Homecoming, Luminaries, Fraternal Leadership Institute, Winterfest, Greek Week, the Excellence Banquet, Relaxation Days, Soar Presentations for new students and Summer Programming.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director for Campus Activities & Programs, the Coordinator for Campus Activities & Programs (CAP) is responsible for programming based on a regularly scheduled assessment of student needs. The Coordinator's responsibilities are carried out through the teaching, training, and empowerment of students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements a comprehensive weekend programming model, daytime programming (i.e. Minerva's Mid-Days program), and weeknight programming,
- Plans major traditional events such as Rawkin Welcome Week, Homecoming, Luminaries, Winterfest, Spring Fling, Greek Week, Relaxation days, Family Weekend, and the Excellence Banquet, which all support the UNCG Programming Vision.
- Provides guidance for a well-balanced and varied co-curricular program for the entire campus. This includes creating, planning, promoting, and sponsoring programs such as major concerts, parties, festivals, carnivals, movies, and more.
- Advises various committees within Activities and Campus Events to teach and model program planning skills to students.
- Provides support, training, and guidance to student groups as they plan and implement campus programs.
- Designs, administers, and responds to research surveys and evaluations to analyze campus constituents' needs and interests.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of State and University policies as they relate to student activities, purchasing, contract negotiations and building operations.
- Contributes to the body of knowledge in the student activities and college union field through presentations at regional and national conferences of the National Association of Campus Activities (NACA), and the Association of College-International (ACU-I), and through publications in journals such as Campus Activities Programming.
A Bachelor's degree and four years directly related experience working with student activities and campus programming. Experience and comfort in working in a multicultural environment and a commitment to the value of student activities as an experiential learning process are required. The position also requires initiative and an energy level that will enable the individual to work evening and weekend hours in addition to regular University hours.
Master's degree in Student Personnel, Student Development, Educational Administration, or a closely related field and one year of full time experience working with student activities and campus programming.
Tenure Status N/A
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants will need to upload the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Other Documents (any additional application materials, i.e. unofficial transcript, reference letter, etc..) Only one upload can occur under each title.
Recruitment Range $39,585 - 40,773
Org #-Department Campus Activities and Programs - 44807
Job Open Date 04/25/2017
For Best Consideration Date 05/11/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Other Documents
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC school system job board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu