Product Support Specialist
The Product Support Specialist is part of the New, Niche and End of Life Team which provides product support and issue resolution for our clients. The candidate will strategically diagnose and resolve product inquiries involving a variety of MedAssets products. The position requires a functional understanding of the product applications as well as a technical understanding in order to effectively work with internal teams to meet the needs of the client. The Product Support Specialist must demonstrate advanced analytical skills needed for problem solving a variety of client support needs.
- Provides telephone and email support to internal and external customers.
- Organizes, investigates, and resolves issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Assists with software testing as needed.
- Interfaces/communicates with other departments to ensure product maintenance utilizing established procedures.
- Actively participates and contributes to internal process improvements.
- Supports application functionality and remains current on release updates and product knowledge.
- Develops advanced product knowledge.
- Maintains and shares industry knowledge with team.
- Works through data processing and validation issues with internal support teams.
- Directs clients to appropriate training & education resources, both internal and external.
- Provides best practices in how to use products to clients as needed.
- Provides quick, on-the-spot tutorials to clients as needed.
- Answers direct client calls.
- Adheres to established procedures of documenting support cases.
- Reports software/product bugs to development and product management staff.
- Maintains and updates internal reports.
- Attends internal meetings as needed.
- Performs other task and projects as needed.
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Healthcare, or 2-4 years industry experience or training in Patient Access, Chargemaster, Medical Billing, Medical Records Review/Coding, or equivalent combination.
- Demonstrated understanding of Hospital work flow.
- Ability to understand basic financial management principles, such as the difference between revenue and expenses.
- Solid knowledge of all Microsoft Office Products.
- Must have exceptional troubleshooting skills both technically and at the application level.
- Must have experience providing technical expertise in a customer support environment, preferably healthcare.
- Ability to interpret and communicate an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- Ability to strategically analyze, collect data, and identify problems using advanced analytical skills
- Must have excellent organizational and follow-up skills with great attention to detail.
- Self-starter and ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team approach.
- Ability to communicate with others, including clients, in a clear, effective and professional manner on the phone, via email and in person; and the demonstrated use of good written (i.e. good grammar/spelling) and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in auditing hospital Medical Records and/or applying technical ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding preferred.
- SalesForce experience preferred.
nThrive is the leader in providing end-to-end revenue cycle services, technology and education solutions. Previously known as MedAssets, Precyse and Equation, each formerly a leader in its own right, we've combined our talents and capabilities into a single enterprise. At nThrive, we are people who are passionate about empowering health care for every one in every community. We work together to transform financial and operational performance, enabling health care organizations to thrive.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
Thu, 11 May 2017 12:57:01 PDT