Assoc Dir, Risk Management
Risk Mgmt Services-Gen - 152600
Is this an internal posting only?
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Risk Manager.
This position will report to the Senior Director of UNT Risk Management Services and provide direct support to UNT Dallas and UNT System operations. The position is responsible for establishing and maintaining risk management programs for the purpose of identifying, analyzing, and controlling risks and hazards that could impact personnel, property, and operations.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Develop processes, programs, policies and procedures to implement risk management strategies across UNTD and UNTS operations.
* Work with risk owners to identify hazards and assist in prioritizing efforts to implement control measures and mitigate potential loss.
* Interface and coordinate with external agencies for risk management related audits, inspections, and loss control assessments.
* Manage the development and maintenance of emergency management programs, plans, and processes focused on mitigation measures, preparedness activities, response capabilities, recovery, and continuity of operations.
* Lead and/or assist in the development of environmental health and safety programs, to include, industrial hygiene, life safety, food safety, lab safety and regulatory compliance.
* Represent UNTD and UNTS during the insurance procurement process.
* Coordinate with various departments to allocate insurance premiums.
* Manage the UNTD and UNTS workers' compensation and return to work program.
* Coordinate committees and working groups to effectively manage the broad scope of risks associated with UNTD and UNTS operations.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and five years of professional related experience or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Professional/direct experience in higher education especially related to risk management.
* Awareness of and proficiency in risk management process and best practices.
* Professional designation, e.g. CISR, CRM, ARM, CIC, CEM, CCEP or other relevant designation.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills and proven ability to coordinate projects and resolve issues at the highest levels of an organization.
* Self-motivated, detail oriented, and outcome driven.
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is located at the University of North Texas at Dallas. All applicants must apply online at https://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/hr/postings/2746
Applicants must submit resume, a cover letter, and three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting