ACTION RESEARCHER & EVALUATOR
JOB NO.: 90115-AS
Work Type: Staff Full or Part Time, Staff-Full Time, Staff-Part Time
Department: SMPH/POP HEALTH SCI/UWPHI
Categories: Extension, Outreach, Public Engagement, Health Care, Medical, Social Services, Research, Scientific
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90115-AS
Working Title: Action Researcher & Evaluator
Official Title: RESEARCHER(E05DN) or ASSOC RESEARCHER(E05FN) or ASST RESEARCHER(E05LN)
Hiring Department: A538570-MEDICAL SCHOOL/POP HEALTH SCI/UWPHI
FTE: 60% - 100%
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 1, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $45,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Master's degree required in social or behavioral sciences, evaluation research, epidemiology, public health, health services research or related field. Strong preference for candidates specializing in resilience factors and processes related to health disparities and minority health populations, public health disparities, public policy and program evaluation research.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Strong preference will be given to candidates with the following:
1. Professional experience in program evaluation, experience with applied research, demonstrated track record of facilitating community-based and academic partnerships.
2. Knowledge of program evaluation methods and experience in program evaluation or conducting evaluation research, specifically in action research, and community-driven research projects.
3. Knowledge of and experience with both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methods; Demonstrated statistical, analytical and professional writing skills.
4. Evidence of strong interpersonal skills; including demonstrated experience with group and process facilitation, conflict mediation and training facilitation.
5. Evidence of exemplary communication skills in verbal and written formats; translating research into practice for community audiences including strong data visualization skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to think creatively, identify root causes, systems of influence and synthesize inter-disciplinary approaches to conceptualizing and addressing health equity work.
7. Skills in curriculum development and facilitation in community settings
8. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with University faculty as well as with diverse community partners and local and state public health professionals.
The Mobilizing Action Toward Community Health (MATCH) unit in the UW Population Health Institute (in the Department of Population Health Sciences in the School of Medicine & Public Health at UW-Madison) has an extensive history and current portfolio of funded community based initiatives, including training, technical assistance and consulting related to community
To meet increasing demand for collaborative work, training and technical assistance, we are seeking to add up to two Action Researchers to our team! Action research seeks to pursue action and research outcomes at the same time. The practice of action research is responsive, emergent, participatory and requires critical reflection. We look forward to growing our team in this important way.
The researcher(s) will report to Paula Tran Inzeo, Director of the MATCH Group of the UW Population Health Institute.
Position will be housed at WARF. (610 Walnut Street, Madison, WI)
Some travel within Wisconsin is required, and candidate must be qualified to drive and/or able to provide own means of transportation.
The School of Medicine and Public Health has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself but, also as a valuable means for eliminating health disparities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the 'Apply Now' button to begin the application process. You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 11 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 25 May 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time