ASSISTANT MANAGER OF SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
JOB NO.: 90719-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: DOIT/SEO/SYS ENGR
Categories: Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90719-AS
Working Title: ASSISTANT MANAGER OF SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
Official Title: SR IS SPECIALIST(S45BN) or IS SPECIALIST(S45DN)
Hiring Department: A064370-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/SEO/SYS ENGR
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 30, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $79,000 Maximum $103,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
No Degree Required
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* A minimum of 5 years technical or business experience in infrastructure for IT services (e.g. operating systems and server hardware administration, virtualization technologies, storage technologies, converged infrastructure). A minimum of 7 years to be considered for Senior level.
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Demonstrated successful experience addressing difficult situations with peers, employees, or end-users/customers.
* Experience with leadership of highly technical teams such as systems engineers, developers, network engineers.
* Successful experience training or mentoring staff.
* Knowledge of budget principles and how they pertain to business operation.
* Comfortable presenting ideas/concepts in front of peers/colleagues/large groups.
This position reports to the Assistant Director (AD) of the Systems Engineering (SE) group within the Division of Information Technology's (DoIT) Systems Engineering and Operations (SEO) department, on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Systems Engineering is responsible for the efficient and cost effective support of major hardware and applications systems utilized by internal and external customers of the division.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing a team of highly technical Systems Engineering staff. This position is independently responsible for the technical leadership and strategic planning for staff devoted to core operating systems and platform technologies for a large Enterprise Data Center. This includes direct management of between ten and twelve system engineers. This position will contribute to developing and administering the operating budget, financial controls and business and operational plans for Systems Engineering (SE).
Please Note: DoIT is unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Instructions to applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should specifically address the Required Qualifications listed in the Relevant Work Experience section.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 11 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 8 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time