Registrar Specialist (2 Vacancies)
The Enrollment Registrar Specialist will report to the Senior Registrar at The City College of New York. The Enrollment Registrar Specialist will:
- Enforce campus policies and data standards as well as record maintenance within CUNYfirst (CUNY Student Information System).
- Manage and supervise the E-Permit system for CCNY following CUNY guidelines.
- Provide training and support for staff and end users as needed. Develop training materials and implement a comprehensive communication plan.
- Work closely with the Study Aboard Office to ensure seamless input for Study Abroad classes in compliance with university policy.
- Support the development of academic calendars in CUNYfirst; prepare reports and analyze data on registration activities; and perform data clean-up in DegreeWorks/CUNYfirst.
- Play a key role in an integrated Registrar's team to improve business processes and delivery of services.
- Recommend improvements to office operations and assist with strategic planning.
- Update and maintain web and bulletin information for the Registrar's Office.
- Coordinate multi-year process for digitization of records.
- Support the implementation of new modules and upgrades to CUNYfirst.
- Provide training for faculty and staff on record keeping using College's registration and advisement systems.
- Supervise full-time staff members.
- Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required
- Experience with advanced Student Information Systems preferably PeopleSoft; implementation/Conversion experience a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage with an attention to details
- Ability to interpret and enforce complex policies and procedures
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Administers College registration operations under management direction.
- Coordinates registration services such as grade collection entries and changes, publication of semester course offerings, final examination schedules, classroom scheduling and requests for student information
- Promotes policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations; advises College personnel regarding the development and implementation of responses to regulatory changes
- Oversees the conformity of record release procedures to management policies and legal requirements, including the Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and other applicable laws and regulations governing the confidentiality of student records
- Creates and reviews student communications from the Registrar's Office; ensures transcript and Degree verification requests are handled in a timely manner
- Recommends and implements improvements to office operations; assists with strategic planning
- Prepares reports and analyses on registration activities
- May train faculty and staff on retention techniques, record-keeping protocol and/or registration systems
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Registrar Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
May 31, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: City College of New York
Job Title: Registrar Specialist (2 Vacancies)
Job ID: 16407
Full/Part Time: Full-Time