Exterminator - Facilities Management & Planning (Provisional)
Under general supervision, performs work in the prevention, control and elimination of insects, vermin and other pests from buildings and surrounding areas; performs related work.
- Inspects areas of infestation.
- Uses the most effective insecticides, rodenticides, baits, traps, etc. for exterminating pests as required.
- Selects and prepares poisonous insecticides, rodenticides, etc. used in exterminating.
- Prepares reports as required, including records of equipment usage, work schedules, and exterminating operations performed.
- May drive a motor vehicle.
- A valid Commercial Pesticide Applicator Certificate for Industrial, Institutional, Structural and Rodent Control (7A) issued by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation; OR
- Successful completion of a pesticide application course which is acceptable to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation for meeting the requirements to apply for a Commercial Pesticide Applicator Certificate for Industrial, Institutional, Structural and Rodent Control (7A). However, all candidates will be required to obtain a valid Commercial Pesticide Applicator Certificate for Industrial, Institutional, Structural and Rodent Control (7A) issued by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation within 12 months of the date of appointment.
New Hire: $27,440
This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
**Salary subject to the new contract implementation.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your resume or curriculum vitae and cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. The resume, cover letter and any other required documents must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin November 23, 2016.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: Exterminator - Facilities Management & Planning (Provisional)
Job ID: 15828
Full/Part Time: Full-Time