Director of Compensation, Employment & Operations
For most Kentuckians, higher education begins at the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). Our statewide system of 16 colleges, more than 70 campuses and more than 80,000 students is a critical component to transforming the state’s economy by providing citizens with the education and training needed for high growth, high wage careers. KCTCS has more than 7,500 full and part-time employees. The open position, outlined below, is located in Versailles, Kentucky.
The Director of Compensation, Employment & Operations will report directly to and support the KCTCS System Director of Human Resources by providing assistance in the development and implementation of human resource activities, policies, procedures, and programs. This position will provide leadership for compensation, employment and day-to-day operations
KCTCS offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation and creativity. Positions with the KCTCS System Office are term-contract positions, with the expectancy of continuance based on performance.
- Oversees compensation activities: Refines/develops system-wide compensation plans. Verifies annual increase process. Determines salary in consultation with System Director of Human Resources, budget office, and other administrators, as needed. Provides research and final position recommendations to Vice President/Chancellor, as appropriate. Advises and counsels System Director of Human Resources, college human resources staff and administration on compensation issues.
- Manages system office positions, inputs PeopleSoft data and processes of system office staff, and interacts with payroll department for accuracy of all payroll information. Interacts with benefits area, as necessary, for employment contract terms and conditions.
- Supervises and assists/performs employment functions and operations to ensure System Office staffing needs are properly met including but not limited to: advertising/recruiting efforts, guidance on I-9 issues, committees for System Office vacancies, applicant tracking, applicant communication, new hire orientation, and temporary staffing needs. Provides leadership and support for employment related projects.
- Administers the KCTCS Unemployment Insurance Program, including responding to initial and subsequent claims and advising colleges. Represent KCTCS in hearings and administrative procedures as needed in an effort to minimize financial exposure.
- Supports Corrections staff and provides quarterly reports.
- Supervises compensation and employment staff.
- Performs other duties and completes special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of Human Resources related experience or equivalent.
- Master’s degree and seven (7) years Human Resources related experience or equivalent
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
Position is open until filled.
Initial review of applicants will begin on May 24th, 2017.
Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
For consideration, please apply online at systemoffice.kctcs.edu