Center Director, DE SBDC Georgetown
University of Delaware
Job Title Center Director, DE SBDC Georgetown
Job ID 104607
Location Georgetown, DE
Center Director, SBDC Georgetown
LOCATION: Georgetown, Delaware (Sussex County)
PAY GRADE: 31E
DEADLINE: May 22, 2017
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The Mission of the Office of Economic Innovation and Partnerships (OEIP) is to (1) develop social and economic value from UD's knowledge-based assets by advancing UD's intellectual property, inventions and technologies from the laboratory to the market place through partnerships and collaborations, (2) promote innovation and entrepreneurship within and without the University community and (3) provide leadership in the creation and growth of small businesses in Delaware.
The Delaware Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is a unit of OEIP. Its mission is to strengthen Delaware's economic base by providing quality management assistance, education programs and resources to Delaware's business community.
Under the limited direction of the Associate Director OEIP/State Director SBDC, the Manager is responsible to provide leadership and operational management to the Georgetown Center in matters of operations, professional development, strategic planning, and quality assessment.
- Develop and manage the competency and skills of the Georgetown Center's personnel.
- Manage individual professional development programs, establishing staff goals and objectives in alignment with programmatic goals and OEIP mission.
- Establish and manage the goals, objectives and operating strategy of the Center.
- Contribute proactively to the development and growth of the SBDC brand.
- Participate in outreach activities on behalf of the Center in Delaware including meetings, presentations, interviews and assistance with press releases in order to develop and market the capabilities of the SBDC to the internal and external community.
- Provide confidential counseling and technical assistance to small businesses and potential entrepreneurs.
- Prepare funding proposals in conjunction with the State Director and Associate State Director, and continuation proposals as required.
- Ensure timely submission of all case management data and outcomes necessary for required reporting to stakeholders, particularly success stories for publicity.
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred, and five years' experience in business development.
- Track record of accomplishment and experience in managing business development.
- Experience working at the interface of the academic, business, and public sectors.
- Supervisory experience. Commitment to team building and coaching. Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Demonstrated experience in business financial modeling and a working knowledge of e-commerce.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and prepare business plans.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
*Please provide cover letter and three professional references as one document.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html