HR On-boarding Coordinator
University of Delaware
Job Title HR On-boarding Coordinator
Job ID 104610
Location Newark, DE
PAY GRADE: 29E
DEADLINE: June 14, 2017
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under general direction of the HR Records Manager, the On-boarding Coordinator on-boards all benefited hires and rehires for the University. The On-boarding Coordinator processes personnel data, hiring, and rehiring documents for all benefitted employees and graduate students on contract. The On-boarding Coordinator exercises independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance within the HR unit and is responsible for resolving complex administrative procedural problems. The On-boarding Coordinator oversees the file room and is responsible for the maintenance of all Human resource records. This position requires a high level of independent judgment to resolve records systems problems, monitor data for system integrity, and the processing of confidential data. The On-boarding Coordinator is also an integral part for special projects with internal and external results.
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities associated with On-boarding new employees including, meeting with each employee, answering their individual questions, assisting employees with completing hire forms, collecting required documents and verifies accuracy. Schedules all On-boarding and New Employee Orientation appointments.
- Designs and composes documentation for the On-boarding process. Determines need for new documentation, new programs to be included or revisions to existing documents and programs and then integrates all data and materials to facilitate new hire On boarding.
- Responsible for On-boarding quality control and the timely processing of all associated transactions ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Assists in developing training for the university community (personalized and/or group trainings). Presents training sessions to these groups.
- Responsible for group on-boarding events. Interface with colleges, trains volunteers, communicates with departments and new employees regarding the events. Coordinates all facets of these days and oversees that they run smoothly. Works with English Language Institute, OISS, Graduate Office, Event Services, Parking Services, PNC, Provost Office, Benefits department and colleges to ensure targeted employees are efficiently on boarded with all information and system updates completed in a timely manner.
- Resolves or assists in the resolution of policy-related, process-related, or procedural problems and/or inquiries related to On-boarding.
- Liaison with HR-IT to resolve production issues. Formulates and recommends enhancements for the On-boarding system.
- Performs data compilation, analysis, background research and mathematical computations regarding employee's salaries to ensure accuracy and consistency and that personnel transactions comply with University policies and procedures.
- Provides day-to-day supervision of BOT (miscellaneous wage) employees, including managing the work schedules and time sheet approvals.
- Ensures administration of policies and procedures to ensure accuracy. Instructs analysts in processing and audit procedures as well as creates and conducts training for new BOT (miscellaneous wage) analysts.
- Reviews current processes to determine if they are efficient and effective. Makes recommendations for process improvements and implements. Develops and participates in the implementation of new systems and processes.
- Researches and develops content and presents to university employees and management on a variety of HR topics, including but not limited to On-boarding.
- Works independently to research, design and develop, presentations and special projects as designated by the Manager, or others within the Human Resources organization. Presents results to various audiences as needed.
- Primary contact for in person and telephone inquiries.
- Responsible for maintenance of all Human Resources employee records.
- Works with archives to oversee, coordinate, track, and monitor all employees' files that are off site.
- Responsible for gathering information for all Subpoenas requests.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Personnel Management, or other related field with two years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently, with effective organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to make independent decisions, judgments, and interact well with a wide range people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with a commitment to customer service are required on all levels of the university community.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long-range goals.
- Experience in developing and conducting training sessions for end users as well as all levels of management.
- Knowledge of University of Delaware Human Resources systems is preferred. Knowledge and experience working with PeopleSoft preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html