Administrative Assistant II - College of Arts and Sciences
University of Delaware
Job Title Administrative Assistant II - College of Arts and Sciences
Job ID 104608
Location Newark, DE
PAY GRADE: 26N
DEADLINE: May 21, 2017
CONTEXT OF JOB:
Under the general direction of the Administrative Specialist, the Administrative Assistant III supports the programs within the CAS Multidisciplinary Center. This includes the Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Center, Master of Arts in Liberal Studies, Legal Studies, Delaware Teachers Institute Support Programs, as well as the Institute for Transforming Undergraduate Education, and the Center for Material Culture Studies. Provides administrative support for the Multidisciplinary Annex and coverage of the office from 8:30-5:00. In addition, this position acts as the contact between the CAS Deans Office and the landlord of the non-university owned building. Importantly, this position provides critical administrative and communications support to the College Faculty Senate and its leadership, to include multiple committees of the Senate.
- CAS Faculty Senate Support - with minimal guidance from the Dean's Office and CAS Faculty Senate President, creates, manages, and maintains the college senate webpage.Attend monthly meetings of the steering committee and the college senate; assist with the agendas, posting curriculum change proposals for senator review on the webpage; verifies attendance and voting privileges during monthly senate meetings.With incumbent leadership of Senate, coordinates elections and voting; assist officers with interpretation of policies; researches policy issues as needed by senate officers in accordance with CAS Senate By-Laws. Acts as the senate liaison for distributing information from the senate officers to college faculty.Maintain the historical data of CAS senate.
- Receives and responds to inquiries from students and directors of several multi-disciplinary programs. Using UDSIS, uploads course information, schedules courses for various programs, assists in advising of adult students on course requirements, and coordinates meetings between new applicants and review committees.
- Works with the MALS (Master of Arts in Liberal Studies) Alumni group president to organize annual events and maintains their distribution lists. Serves as the point person for all inquiries about the MALS program.
- Send mass e-mailings of information, flyers, etc. combining applications such as Excel and Mailchimp.
- Account Administrator for several small program accounts.Manages budget expenditures and reconciliations for assigned programs. Prepares s-contracts, journal vouchers, and business expense reports, along with other pertinent UD forms. Provides analysis and balance views to several program directors.
- Assists directors with scheduling routine meetings, colloquium, student group meetings, coordinating travel, etc.Organizes events such as commencement, speaker series, special events, and is responsible for in-house conference room scheduling.
- Maintains content of program websites, actively gathering and updating information on a routine basis using both Sharepoint and Wordpress.
- Assists the Administrative Specialist in support of new and existing projects and centers.
- Responsible for ordering, maintaining, and controlling supplies for several programs.
- Other routine office duties such as ordering supplies, photocopying, mail distribution, and other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED and two to three years of experience.
- Clerical/record processing experience and customer service skills.
- Broad knowledge of University systems, including PeopleSoft and UDSIS, policies and procedures as well as applicable federal and state regulations preferred.
- Ability to create and maintain databases, spreadsheets and documents as well as running simple reports and pull specific information from database.
- Ability to use intermediate word processing techniques.
- Experience maintaining content in webpages, with Sharepoint and/or Wordpress experience preferred.
- Hands-on experience with electronic information systems.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Flexibility and ability to meet assigned deadlines.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html