Head Varsity Coach, Women’s Gymnastics - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1700287)
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
POSITION: Head Varsity Coach - Women's Gymnastics. 12 Month athletic service basis, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for planning, development and administration of all phases of the Women's Gymnastics program
RESPONSIBILITIES: Head Coach will be responsible for the following:
• Identify, evaluate and recruit student-athletes to the University of Illinois.
• Responsible in all areas of team performance including pre-season, post-season training, practice and competition
• Work closely with support staff for both peak performance of the athletes as well as their development academically and socially.
• Oversee strength and conditioning activities, academic and medical issues.
• Hire and supervise all assistant coaches and support staff
• Organization, planning and conduct of safe team training, practice and conditioning activities.
• Participate in fundraising events, community events, promotions and marketing opportunities associated with the sport.
• Produce a quality team capable of a representative win/loss record as determined by University Administration
• Work compatibly and cooperatively with the staff and personnel in the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics.
• Represent University at national, regional, state, and local professional organization events.
• Supervise all operations including but not limited to NCAA paperwork, scheduling, academic monitoring, travel plans, equipment, marketing and budget management.
• Maintain knowledge of, and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference and institutional rules that relate to this position is required.
• Adherence to the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics Coaches Code of Conduct.
Bachelor's degree in areas of sport management or related field.
Master's degree in same areas of concentration.
• Demonstrated coaching experience in planning and directing a highly skilled women's gymnastics team.
• Proven ability to select, recruit and develop highly qualified student-athletes.
• Knowledge of personnel management and staff development, financial planning, and personal relations skills in dealing with student-athletes, peers, administrative personnel, and the general public.
• Minimum five years coaching experience.
• High moral and ethical standards required.
• Five years coaching at Division I college level preferred
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible following completion of search.
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received by May 25, 2017. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of application and resume. Online application will require the names and contact information for three references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact: Maria Woods, Senior Associate Athletic Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews may take place prior to closing date, but no selection will be made until after closing date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 05/11/2017
Close Date: 05/25/2017