ASSISTANT TO THE VICE DEAN
Duties: The Assistant to the Vice Dean of Wharton External Affairs provides high level administrative support and is responsible for the smooth and efficient day-to-day operations for the Vice Dean of External Affairs office. The position reports directly to the Vice Dean for External Affairs and coordinates with senior level faculty and administrators in the school to plan and schedule meetings with Wharton School alumni and other leaders in global business and government. The Assistant to the Vice Dean is responsible for coordinating complex and extensive travel arrangements for domestic and international trips. Poise, maturity and excellent judgment are required for this position. The Assistant to the Vice Dean serves as the point of contact for the Vice Dean's office to internal and external colleagues and alumni. The Assistant to the Vice Dean leads by example on the floor to establish a culture of service and collaboration and manages the complexity and demands of the Vice Dean's professional priorities. On occasion, the Assistant to the Vice Dean will be required to staff events and programs.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
* Manage, plan and schedule meetings, staff events, etc. on behalf of the Vice Dean with senior administrators, board members, donors, alumni, staff, faculty, etc. in support of the fundraising and engagement mission of Wharton External Affairs
*Work in close partnership with research staff to manage the Vice Dean's prospect portfolio of volunteers and donors
* Provide support for confidential initiatives and projects including department operations and executive board meetings. Prepare and organize background material for meetings, events, speeches, appointments, etc.
* Coordinate extensive domestic and international travel arrangements and prepare complex expense reports that often involve foreign currency
* Draft correspondence (thank you, acknowledgement, memos and other assignments)
* Maintain and update record of external activity and strategy in Wharton External Affairs' databases with information necessary for tracking, cultivating and soliciting potential donors
* Create and maintain file systems and confidential information
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree and and 3 to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 5-7 years preferred. Candidate should be professional in demeanor and possess a positive attitude, be adaptable to change, convey a pleasant and welcoming environment to internal and external colleagues, be detail oriented, anticipate problems and solutions, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience supporting executives or senior administrators in a higher education environment is preferred. Knowledge of office procedures required. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and presentations simultaneously under tight deadlines required. Competency with computer software essential: word processing, spreadsheet, database, and PowerPoint knowledge required. Excellent written, organizational, and oral communication skills required. Must have the ability to handle sensitive material and information confidentially. Maturity, poise, judgment, and professionalism are essential. Have the ability to work as a team player and help provide support during events and/or activities when necessary. Experience in fundraising or alumni relations office is highly desired.
Reference Number: 07-25772
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: External Affairs
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative