Position Number: 53071106
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 05/21/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Internship Coordinator. The Internship Program Coordinator will develop, coordinate and supervise local, regional, national and international internship programs.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Internship Coordinator will:
- Develop, document and implement efficient and effective processes and methods for high quality internship experiences for students, mentors and sponsors
- Develop and maintain automated application and documentation for students, mentors, and external sponsors
- Recruit and maintain professional relationships with internship students, sponsors and mentors
- Develop, incorporate and record key performance measures to ensure the program is providing positive impact for students, mentors and external sponsors
- Ensure all guidelines and requirements of the internship are properly met
- Present and market the internship program to students and external sponsors
- Prepare and present regular internship program status and performance reports
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and project management skills
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field. Masters preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.