Recruitment Coordinator (2 openings)
Posting Date May 11, 2017
Position Title Recruitment Coordinator (2 openings)
Vacancy # V-1291 and V-1292
Department Graduate School
Division Academic Affairs
There are two Recruitment Coordinator position openings available within The Graduate School. One position will be responsible for recruiting prospective students interested in academic programs associated with The College of Education and Human Services and the The College of the Arts. The second position will be recruiting prospective students interested in programs associated with The School of Business, The College of Humanities and Social Sciences, and The College of Science and Mathematics. Applicants interested in only one specific opportunity should indicate so in their cover letter.
Statement of Purpose:
To support the University and The Graduate School in achieving key institutional objectives, among them:
• Growth in the quantity, quality, and diversity of student enrollment.
• Enhancement of the quality and scope of student academic, personal, and professional achievement.
• Expansion of external relationships, including the development of partnerships to enhance academic programs and their reach, and to increase the resource base of the University and School.
• Support for interdisciplinary programming and inter-unit cooperation.
• Improving administrative and resources support to faculty and students to achieve The Graduate School's strategic mission.
The Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment of graduate students based on specific academic area of interests, managing all on and off-campus recruitment activities related to those prospective students, and reporting subsequent follow-up activities and outreach.
• Processes and monitors daily progress of individual prospective student information via Ellucian Recruit CRM system.
• In conjunction with graduate program coordinators, designs and implements Information Sessions (both in-person and online) to enhance prospective student knowledge regarding the application and admissions process.
• Provides targeted, college-specific recruitment activities designed to increase the enrollment of minority students.
• Develops college-specific initiatives and establish new recruiting relationships including, but not limited to, higher education institutions, professional organizations, and regional businesses.
• Collaborates with University Marketing and Communications on the development of all print publications.
• In conjunction with the Web Communications and Outreach Coordinator, participates in the development of program-specific e-mail campaigns designed for both prospects and incomplete applicants.
• Supports admissions review activities, including initial application review and final decision entry.
• Manages the participation with and the information contained within third party web sites.
• Conducts benchmarking to assist in the development and implementation of recruitment programs that contribute to the overall goals of The Graduate School.
• Regularly studies and updates professional skills connected to industry best practices in both marketing and recruitment.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
Bachelor's degree required and Master's degree strongly preferred. All candidates must have a minimum of two years of recruitment and/or admissions experience in a higher education setting; specific experience with graduate student populations is preferred. Highly demonstrated communication skills are required, including strong writing skills (both print and web) and the ability to speak to large groups of prospective students. Qualified candidates should have experience and interest in working in a fast-paced, service oriented environment, as well as the ability to think creatively and analytically to continually improve services for students. The successful candidate will have strong technology and interpersonal skills. Local and/or regional travel (with personal vehicle) is required and must be available for occasional evening/weekend work.
Commensurate with Experience
Anticipated Start Date June 2017
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Apply By Review begins immediately and continues until position is filled
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION