Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Nursing
Professional Research Assistant
Position #643575 - Requisition 09530
The primary duties of this full-time Professional Research Assistant position will include overall project management of a research study in collaboration with the principal investigator (PI). Day-to-day responsibilities include organizing and leading study-related meetings, coordinating with multiple remote study sites and investigators, facilitating the recruitment of participants, communicating with external project funders, entering project data into various database systems for later analysis, developing and maintaining study operations protocols, record-keeping, procurement, document preparation, verification and archiving of data, arranging travel and meeting space for training and research activities, and study administration activities such as planning, scheduling, and invoicing for funded projects.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Routine telephone and e-mail contact to coordinate the activities of project staff at distant sites.
- Coordinate teleconference meetings with project staff at distant sites
- Coordinate travel arrangements and off-site meeting space for data collection and study team meetings
- In collaboration with the PI, develop and maintain study protocol operations manual
- Track recruitment and enrollment of participants in studies.
- Create invoices, budget or enrollment reports, and other reports.
- Maintain study-related documents in a way that ensures data integrity, security, and protection of participants' confidentiality.
- Enter data in various database systems for analysis.
- Prepare study data or financial reports for university or external review requests or audits.
- Provide regular reports to PI
- Attend required training
- Assist with publication and presentation efforts by the PI
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Public Health (Biostatistics or Epidemiology), Sociology or other healthcare related field.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with at least one statistical analysis program: SPSS, SAS, STATA, R
- Experience with statistics or biostatistics in a healthcare, academic, or research setting. Coursework in these fields may substitute for direct experience
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Public Health (Biostatistics or Epidemiology), Sociology or other healthcare related field.
- 2+ years in a research-related role
Competencies / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of military systems
- Ability to perform qualitative data management
- Basic knowledge of databases
- Basic knowledge of data cleaning
- Report writing experience
- Ability to perform basic statistical tests
- Ability to design online surveys
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Strong organization skills
- Strong electronic and phone communication skills
- Proficient technical writing skills
- Be willing to learn computer software programs such as SPSS, EndNote, or the REDCap system.
- HIPAA and human subjects training and other training as needed.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by 5/18/2017. Those who do not apply by 5/18/2017 may or may not be considered.
Questions should be directed to College of Nursing HR at email@example.com
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 9530
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20468 - College of Nursing
Posting Date: May 11, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: College of Nursing HR
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00643575