Program Project Coordinator
Program Project Coordinator
Health Behavior & Health Systems - 303500
The Department of Behavioral & Community Health at the
University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth
invites applications for an Program Project Coordinator. The
project targets individuals residing in the Ft. Worth low-income housing programs with an intervention designed to
help them meet health and wellness goals. The project draws on
prior research on brief patient navigation systems that utilize
motivational interviewing and wellness incentives. The project supports the regional goals of increasing access to mental health
services, improving integration of mental health care in the
primary care medical care system, decreasing inappropriate use
of emergency department services, and the need for more care
coordination. Coordinator activities will include, but are not
limited to the implementation of program activities, quarterly
reports, monitoring of participant data and evaluation efforts,
ordering supplies, and participating in meetings. The Coordinator
will be located primarily at the UNT Health Science Center in Ft.
Worth (administrative offices), with occasional travel to locations
throughout Tarrant County (project sites).
UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth enjoys a smoke-free
campus and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Institution.
The Health Behavior & Health Systems Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Program Project Coordinator to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Provide overall coordination of the project, including participant
recruitment, tracking, and follow-up.
* May develop and monitor budgets; pay invoices; reconcile accounts associated with the study.
* Coordinates collection and data management.
* Develop written reports and communications to document progress.
* Scheduling and participating in conference calls and meetings
necessary to carry out program activities.
* Supervise 5 navigators who will provide the program intervention.
* Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong research and analytic skills.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
* Diplomatic and congenial.
* Responsible for all duties as assigned and must be able to take initiative to resolve problems and make recommendations that
enhances the program and research activities.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university and two years of experience in the same or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's degree or equivalent in public health or
related field. At least one year of research assistant or program
* A high degree of computer proficiency, with online data entry and management experience.
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Experience working in the field with people with chronic physical or mental health conditions.
Special Instructions to Applicants
** LENGTH OF POSITION AND FUNDING IS DEPENDENT UPON 1115 WAIVER FUNDING**
* Applicants must submit a cover letter describing their background and experience, a curriculum vitae and contact information for three references.
Commensurate with Experience
Monday - Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled