JOB NO.: 90546-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Extension, Outreach, Public Engagement, Grant, Research, Contract Management, Human Resources, Payroll, Laboratory Technician, Research Specialists, Office & Administrative Support, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90546-AS
Working Title: Recruitment Coordinator
Official Title: SR RESEARCH SPEC(T16BN) or RESEARCH SPECIALIST(T16DN) or ASSOC RESEARCH SPEC(T16FN)
Hiring Department: A177500-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/WCER
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 15, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $35,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Master's degree in Education or a related field. Exceptional candidates with a Bachelor's degree and relevant work experience will be considered. Evidence of training and/or coursework in education, science education or multicultural education.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Minimum two years of experience working in K-12 public education, experience with science education or EL education a plus.Experience in sales, fundraising, and/or recruitment.
* Knowledge of schools and school district procedures and policies for conducting research; able to follow and conduct research procedures such as developing and administering surveys and conducting interviews.
* Excellent organizational skills and experience with data collection; able to effectively collect and organize quantitative and qualitative data from multiple research sites .
* Strong computer skills; knowledge of computer programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), social media (e.g., Facebook, You Tube) and survey applications (e.g., google forms, survey monkey).
* Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to organize and deliver information to suit the needs of diverse audiences.
*Experience collaborating with other staff; able to effectively communicate and problem-solve with colleagues and supervisors.
* Knowledge of educational assessment procedures a plus.
* Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work in an evolving environment with enthusiasm.
* Able to learn quickly and work with minimal supervision.
The Institute for Innovative Assement has been awarded two Department of Education grants to develop and research innovative technology-enhanced assessment tasks. These tasks assess mathematics and science learning of middle school students using innovative computer-based item types. The assessment methods have been found to be effective for all students and are particularly useful for diverse learners, including those who struggle with the language of traditional assessments. National piloting will take place in school year 2017-18. The project team for this grant are located nationally, and are affiliated with the WIDA project at UW-Madison's Wisconsin Center for Education Research.
The project is seeking a self-motivated, proactive individual to coordinate recruitment and piloting for these exciting projects.
For additional information please see http://iiassessment.wceruw.org/about/
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position please upload a cover letter, addressed to Rebecca Kopriva, a current resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 11 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 25 May 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time