MENTAL HEALTH PROVIDER
JOB NO.: 90504-AS
Work Type: Staff Full or Part Time, Staff-Full Time, Staff-Part Time
Categories: Health Care, Medical, Social Services
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90504-AS
Working Title: Mental Health Provider
Official Title: PSYCHOLOGIST(T08DN) or ASSOC PSYCHOLOGIST(T08FN)
Hiring Department: A572570-UNIV HEALTH SERVICES/CCS/COUNSELING
FTE: 80% - 100%
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $60,300 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Doctoral degree in Counseling or Clinical Psychology
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Required: Minimum of one year experience in a mental health setting.
Preferred: Minimum of two years' experience in one of the following focus areas: students of color, LGBTQ+ students, eating disorders, and/or primary care behavioral health.
Strongly preferred experiences of the candidate include:
1) Experience in an interdisciplinary college mental health treatment setting;
2) Experience in brief intervention, mental health crisis assessment, and group therapy;
3) Experience in consultation and collaboration with campus and community partners and provision of campus-based services/outreach;
4) Experience participating in multidisciplinary teams including medical providers and academic faculty/staff;
5) Experience with electronic health record systems;
6) Knowledge of state and federal legal and ethical confidentiality requirements;
7) Evidence of understanding of quality improvement initiatives;
8) Evidence of being self-motivated and self-directed;
9) Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with persons of diverse socio-economic,
racial/ethnic, national origin, and LGBTQ identities;
10) Supervision of trainees; and
11) Interest in Behavioral Health consultation to Medical Services providers.
License or certificate:
Licensed or license eligible in Wisconsin as a Psychologist strongly preferred.
If not currently licensed, Wisconsin license required within one year of hire.
You can review Wisconsin licensing requirements at http://go.wisc.edu/5orlvm
The mental health provider, under the supervision of a mental health director at UHS, will provide clinical mental health services and campus-based programming to students.
Please note: Start date will be no earlier than the Anticipated Start Date noted, but may be later. Salary posted is the minimum. Experience will be considered. This vacancy is being announced simultaneously with PVL#90503. Having two position vacancy listings allows University Health Services to consider candidates with psychologist, counselor and social work credentials for this position.
Instructions to applicants:
Please make sure your cover letter references your licensing status. If you currently have a training license, please indicate how many hours you have towards your unrestricted license.
Click the Apply Online link above or below to apply. You will be required to create an account or login to an existing account. Please upload a cover letter and resume or CV to apply.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 11 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 10 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time