Features Editor, The Campus Ledger
Responsible for editing and proofreading all copy within the Features section.
- Plans student-centered coverage (reporting, photography and illustrations) with the editor and rest of staff.
- Develops pertinent coverage, features, personality profiles and in-depth stories within features section, with a primary focus on the online product.
- Monitors work produced by reporters, and produces briefs, calendars and columns as assigned by Editor-in-Chief.
- Writes a minimum of one online article per week, and assists with writing headlines and photo captions for stories on the website.
- Rewrites articles into broadcast scripts to air on the campus radio station and video channel.
- Will participate in rotation of regular beat coverage in news, features and sports.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- High-school graduate or equivalent required.
- Must be enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours at JCCC.
- Must have completed JOUR 122, Reporting for the Media, or equivalent. (Transcript required if not taken at JCCC.)
- Must be enrolled in six (6) credit hours at JCCC each semester with a cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- Completion of six (6) hours or more of English and journalism.
- Effective writing and editing skills.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of and interest in arts and entertainment reporting a plus.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay. Eligible for voluntary tax sheltered annuity, JCCC Hiersteiner Child Center, and Staff Development.
Hours per Week
Resume Cover Letter