Features Editor, The Campus Ledger
Responsible for editing and proofreading all copy within the Features section.
- Plans student-centered coverage (reporting, photography and illustrations) with the editor and rest of staff.
- Develops pertinent coverage, features, personality profiles and in-depth stories within features section, with a primary focus on the online product.
- Monitors work produced by reporters, and produces briefs, calendars and columns as assigned by Editor-in-Chief.
- Writes a minimum of one online article per week, and assists with writing headlines and photo captions for stories on the website.
- Rewrites articles into broadcast scripts to air on the campus radio station and video channel.
- Will participate in rotation of regular beat coverage in news, features and sports.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- High-school graduate or equivalent required.
- Must be enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours at JCCC.
- Must have completed JOUR 122, Reporting for the Media, or equivalent. (Transcript required if not taken at JCCC.)
- Must be enrolled in six (6) credit hours at JCCC each semester with a cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- Completion of six (6) hours or more of English and journalism.
- Effective writing and editing skills.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of and interest in arts and entertainment reporting a plus.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay. Eligible for voluntary tax sheltered annuity, JCCC Hiersteiner Child Center, and Staff Development.
For full consideration apply before
Hours per Week
Resume Cover Letter