$34,392 - $47,172
Under supervision, regulates irrigation water applied to plots and orchards. Operates various gates and valves necessary to control rates of flow of irrigation water involving furrow, drip, mini-sprinkler, and surface sprinkler systems in accordance with specific schedules provided by the immediate supervisor. Cleans drain stands and furrows, unplug sprinkler emitters, flush mini-sprinkler lateral pipelines, repair damaged sprinkler hoses, and clean reservoirs. Assists in the establishment of irrigation systems in new and established research plots, laying out and recovering surface pipe systems, and retracing irrigation furrows.
One year of agricultural experience or demonstrated ability to operate light and/or non-complex agricultural equipment.
Demonstrated experience in using agricultural irrigation systems such as PVC, cement, aluminum pipe.
Experience to operate various small trucks and small tractors.
Ability to report and record water usage, labor hours, and on computerized timesheets.
Demonstrated experience to work outdoors for extended periods of time in extreme and inclement weather conditions and safely be able to move materials, equipment, and tools weighing up to 50 pounds.
Skill in the use of small hand and power tools used in normal repair of irrigation systems in inclement weather conditions.
Ability to repair cement, plastic, and aluminum pipe systems.
Must posses a valid California Driver's License and Blue Card (EPA Pesticide training provided by department.). Must also successfully pass a background investigation.
Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisors.
Ability to preform basic arithmetic calculations as well as read, understand, and speak English and follow oral and written instructions.
Entry level computer competency.
Experience setting irrigation controllers.
Experience in small plot work, including trees, vines and vegetables.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview