Locksmith Technician II
- Responsible for installation, modification, testing,and preventative maintenance associated with campus locks and security devices. '
- Responsible for door preparation, installation of locks,exit devices, door closers, cylinder pinning and key fabrication.
- Fabricates door,desk, file, and maser keys;removes broken keys from locks; cleans, re-pins and lubricates malfunctioning lock cores and picks locks where keys are lost.
- Maintains key issuance records,both manually and on computer; updates records to accurately reflect key losses,recording, new keys and key returns.
- Develop building key schedule.
- Maintain locksmith shop and inventory control.
This is a position of trust with access to secured information; therefore, a credit history check will be required as a pre-employment requirement. This position requires driving to multi-campus locations and event sites; therefore, a motor vehicle history check will be required as a pre-employment requirement.
Minimum hourly rate: $ 14.35
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf and http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Minimum qualifications: High School diploma or GED and 2 years related experience; ability to work in high places necessary; valid state driver's license; subject to pre-employment drug screening; must be able to work dayshift, nightshift or weekend schedules.
Preferred qualifications:DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to estimate time, labor and materials.
- Working knowledge of computers and various software such as Microsoft Excel, Access and Word
- Working knowledge of keystone 600 computer software preferred
- Working knowledge of Best key system
- Knowledge of Salto networking locking system preferred
- Knowledge of low voltage devices for installation, connection, repair and replacement
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform emergency services,including evenings and weekends when needed