Student Services Associate IV: RRPG Graduation Coach
Kennesaw State University seeks applications for the position of Graduation Coach for its Recruitment, Retention, and Progression to Graduation Program for Hispanic and Latino Students (RRPG Latino). The purpose of this program is to graduate Hispanic and Latino program participants at rates equal to or higher than their non Hispanic and Latino peers. The position reports to a Program Director and is under the supervision of the Senior Vice Provost.
Position responsibilities include:
- Assist with supervision of day-to-day program operations;
- Plans and manages student programming, including enrichment and campus cultural events;
- Tracks & analyzes key metrics, issues regular reports and informs administration on program progress;
- Conducts student exit surveys (i.e., stop-outs, transfers, and graduates);
- Provides coaching and advising to students on academic concerns, policies and procedures, fiscal responsibilities, and life skills;
- Monitors student progress toward degree progression to graduation;
- Refers students to appropriate resources and follows-up to ensure problem resolution;
- Proactively communicates and holds regular meetings with students to monitor progress;
- Conducts check-ins with professors and monitors grade reports to identify struggling students;
- Proactively schedules appointments with struggling students to work through issues;
- Attends meetings with enrollment services, advising, student success services, and other identified partners;
- Works collaboratively with other staff, administrators, and faculty to meet the program's purpose and goals; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Some weekends and nights required.
The successful candidate will address in their cover letter how their experience and skills meet the position's requirements.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Minimum qualifications: Master's degree and 5 years of related work experience. Experience utilizing career and personality inventories is essential.
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressive experience in program development and implementation
- Knowledge of Hispanic and Latino culture
- Demonstrated experience in intercultural communication and intercultural competency skills
- Native or near-native fluency in English and Spanish (Oral and Written Skills)
- Computer Literacy and Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Access)
- Ability to run/complete basic statistical analysis