Campus Visit Program Coordinator
The Campus Visit Program Coordinator is primarily responsible for the planning and daily execution of many elements of a prospective students visit to campus. The Coordinator works on a team that is managed by the Senior Associate Director of Admission and Campus Visit Manager. The two Campus Visit Program Coordinators work collaboratively to (1) schedule appointments for visiting students, (2) manage the student tour guide program, (3) welcome visitors on their arrival and (4) ensure that students and families have clear communication about their visits.
- Leadership and Supervision
- Utilize student development theory to provide direct supervision to the 100+ tour guides program (Team 1864) and its student leadership team. Hire, train, assign and review work; develop performance goals and assess performance.
- Provide direction and clarification and respond to questions and inquiries. Assign work schedules to ensure proper coverage of the front desk, campus tours, campus visitation events and special requests.
- Customer Service & Hospitality
- The Campus Visit Program Coordinator ensures that all touch-points with visitors are delivered with exceptional quality service by providing a welcoming environment. Establish standards, train student employees and maintain and ensure exemplary customer service for all visitors.
- Stay up-to-date on in-office and campus-wide policies and news, and ensure student employees are updated as appropriate. Ensure that student employees and other admission counselors are prepared to assist each guest (via phone calls, in-person, and email) with success and with the utmost respect.
- Campus Visit Coordination
- Manages all aspects of daily visits, and must independently execute the various aspects of a complex, individualized visit program. This includes reserving venue space, and arranging faculty appointments, class visits, student panels, and faculty speakers.
- This position also assists the rest of the visit team to provide exceptional quality services to all visitors (i.e. high school and middle school groups, admitted student programs, high school counselors, alumni, graduate students, etc). This could include finding tour guide and counselor coverage, reserving space.
- As part of the Visit team, the Campus Visit Program Coordinator monitors and reviews the division budget allocated to Campus Visits, which is over $100,000.
- Provide comprehensive communication with visitors before and after their visit.
- Open communication with other departments across campus to ensure a successful visit for prospective families.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with others.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret college catalogs and other university publications, transcripts, other application materials, technical procedures, or policy manuals.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from students, University colleagues and the general public over the telephone, in writing and in person.
- Ability to handle with problems involving several variables in a variety of situations.
- Ability to type a minimum of forty words per minute.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to learn Banner and Slate.
- Bachelor's degree.
- One year of office experience; and/or one year of customer service/hospitality experience.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Desire to work with undergraduate students in a supervisor/mentor capacity.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices pertaining to event management and coordination.
- Skill in effectively managing, supervision and evaluating assigned staff.
- Knowledge of principles of budget development, management methods and techniques.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Thursday, May 18, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the application to apply. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Shanna Pomager at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.