Sport Program Assistant
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the school's academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 28 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 17 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
The Sport Programs Assistant provides administrative support to the following intercollegiate athletic sport programs; Men's Hockey, Women's Basketball, Men and Women's Lacrosse, Men and Women's Soccer. This position also provided administrative support to the Marketing and Sports Information Department.
- Assist respective sport programs with processing financial transactions in a timely and accurate manner including: expense reports, travel advances, and requisitions and payment of invoices.
- Assist with recruiting information and mail outs, coordinating mailings and business correspondence.
- Assist with procurement card processing.
- Organize and coordinate office operations for assigned sport programs including welcoming visitors and students.
- Assisting coaching staff of assigned sport programs, as well as related administrative staff, in the administration of sport program activities such as, but not limited to: Organizing team travel arrangements (hotel, air and ground transportation, etc.).
- Provide administrative assistance to the Marketing Department.
- Maintain roster and schedule information.
- Producing travel advance and expense report coordination as necessary.
- Assisting Head Coach in maintaining and understanding respective sport program budgets, including the tracking of expenditures, monitoring of budgets, and assembling data for budget preparation and planning.
- Implementing, maintaining and revising office procedures, workflow routines and schedules, based on priorities.
- Planning for and implementing methods to minimize cost of office operations.
- Composing non-routine correspondence, publication materials and professional presentations.
- Preparing and maintaining confidential files and materials as necessary.
- Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and the Department of Athletics Code of Ethics and rules and regulations.
- Contributing to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Division Assuming other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, business correspondence, meeting minutes, and memos.
- Ability to write professional correspondence and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to management, clients, and other employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standard office situations.
- Proven commitment to high ethical standards.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous administrative experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn new systems.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Associates degree or two years' business school.
- Intermediate Excel knowledge.
- Banner Finance Experience.
To be coordinated with supervisor.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Thursday, May 25, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.