Director of Women's Basketball Operations
Position Title: Director of Women's Basketball Operations
Department: Athletics - 25900
Vacancy Number: E172
Position Number: 8608
Location of Workplace: Main UNCW Campus
Summary of Position:
This position provides oversight for the women’s basketball program with
emphasis on student-athletes’ well-being. Will independently coordinate all administrative support and operational logistics for the basketball program including scheduling all practices, games, and team travel for the program and developing, monitoring, and performing within the program budget.
Will develop and manage a comprehensive program for the academic and athletic success of basketball student athletes in compliance with NCAA and CAA policies. Will use significant judgment and discretion in providing guidance and support to student athletes. Will interpret and carry out department policies, as well as NCAA and CAA policies, plus act as a coordinator between athletes and university services.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience working with student-athletes in a college athletic environment.
• Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; the ability to analyze and interpret policy and procedural guidelines to resolve problems and questions specific to collegiate athletic teams.
• Exceptional attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population of individuals including students, parents, university faculty/staff, community members, and vendors.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
• Must possess and maintain a current driver’s license and maintain a satisfactory driving record while serving in the position.
• Employment will require a criminal background check.
• Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit:
The UNCW Department of Athletics sponsors 19 varsity sports and competes in
the NCAA Division I as a member of the Colonial Athletic Association. UNCW
Athletics primary purpose is to produce a competitive and successful sports
program while abiding by NCAA, CAA and institutional rules and regulations.
UNCW Athletics has a strong commitment to gender equity and diversity, while
promoting a greater sense of integrity, leadership, sportsmanship and ethical
behavior to the overall campus dynamic.
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to learning through the integration of teaching and mentoring with research and service. A public institution with over 15,000 students, the university is known for its superb faculty and staff and powerful academic experience. With an array of high-quality programs at the baccalaureate and master’s levels, and doctoral programs in marine biology, educational leadership, psychology and nursing practice. UNCW is consistently recognized at a national level for academic excellence and affordability by publications like U.S. News & World Report, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance and The Business Journals. UNCW also recently earned the 2015 Community Engagement Classification from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, bestowed to higher education institutions dedicated to community involvement.
UNC Wilmington actively fosters a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified men and women from all racial, ethnic or other minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Months Per Year: 12 Months
Position Type: Permanent
Job Posting Date: 05/11/2017
Priority Consideration Date: 05/18/2017
Priority Consideration Information:
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by the Priority Date; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.