Assistant Men's Volleyball Coaching Assistant
LONG BEACH STATE ATHLETICS
ASSISTANT MEN'S VOLLEYBALL COACH
Full-Time (Coaching Assistant – 12 Month)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Effective: On or about July 1, 2017
Bachelor's degree or equivalent volleyball coaching experience; prior athletic participation in men's and/or women's volleyball; and demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
Knowledge of and adherence to NCAA rules and regulations; experience in men's and/or women's volleyball as a player or coach at the college level; prior coaching and recruiting experience in intercollegiate athletics; knowledgeable in Data Volley software or equivalent; public relations skills; excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and excellent organizational skills.
• Assist with the development and supervision of the student-athletes in the Men's Volleyball program.
• Assist with organizing and supervising all practices and matches.
• Assist with recruiting quality student-athletes under the guidelines established by the University, NCAA, Mountain Pacific Sports Federation (MPSF), and the Big West Conference.
• Assist with scheduling nationally competitive teams in conjunction with the Head Coach.
• Assist with budgetary responsibilities including recruitment, team travel, and equipment.
• Perform computer-related tasks.
• Monitor student-athlete academic progress.
• Participate in community fund-raising efforts and public relations.
• A letter of application addressing the minimum and preferred qualifications listed above (please include the recruitment number) along with resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references.
• Finalist will be required to submit signed SC-1 form and official transcript from institution awarding highest degree.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Review of applications will begin on or about June 12, 2017 and the position will remain open until filled. Applications, required documentation, and/or requests for information should be addressed to should be e-mailed, faxed or mailed to (no phone calls please):
Director of Administrative Operations
Long Beach State Athletics
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility, and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran's status or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an EO/Title IX Employer