Supv, Access Services
San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
Supv, Access Services
Job Number: 2017297
Location: San Marcos
Department: University Police
Recruitment Type: Open to All
Job Type: Full-Time
Monthly Salary: 3105.00 - 4475.00
Job Category: Exempt
1. Knowledge of, or the ability to learn university policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institution as it relates to public safety technology.
3. Organizational skills in managing projects simultaneously while maintaining a satisfactory work product.
4. Ability to prepare concise reports related to computing trends, usage, and forecasts.
5. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
6. Ability to research new methods to improve and satisfy the technology needs of a progressive campus atmosphere.
7. Ability to diffuse and respond effectively to situations involving intense pressures and/or unpredictable persons.
8. Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport with university faculty and staff, students, and the general public.
9. Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
10. Ability to implement new systems and procedures and to evaluate their effectiveness.
11. Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
1. Trains, counsels and supervises the daily operations of public safety technology staff to ensure an effective operation.
2. Prepares administrative reports related to the area of responsibility.
3. Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task with tight deadlines
4. Ability to articulate technical knowledge to users.
5. Experience in budget development Maintains departmental servers, computers, and storage devices.
6. Installs necessary equipment and technology.
7. Ensures public safety technology and equipment are in working order and regularly maintained and serviced. Supervises regular maintenance of equipment.
8. Researches and recommends new technology for use to improve and ensure campus security.
9. Develops and evaluates problem determination and resolution techniques.
10. Maintains current technical expertise in the rapidly changing area of public safety technology and utilizes state of the art problem determination and resolution techniques to install and maintain supported systems.
11. Upholds the university policy guidelines; recommends new and improved guidelines to ensure the highest quality of service and availability for supported systems.
12. Installs and repairs various equipment and software related to public safety technology, data communications, microcomputer systems, and peripherals. Serves as liaison to external technology/equipment vendors.
13. Experience in communication with public relations, crisis communications, and internal communications
Responsible for coordinating campus electronic access and video systems including management of technical and administrative staff, management of access system and system expansion. Responsible for all necessary budget areas pertaining to Electronic Access and Video Systems to include new construction budget areas.
This is a supervisory position, responsible for the oversight, maintenance, and support of all public safety technology and related equipment, including campus-wide surveillance cameras and video storage, campus-wide access control, and campus-wide panic alarms.
Provide training for access and video related systems. Liaison between Texas State, access services, and video system vendors. Provide technical support for system users. Responsible for preparing reports, researching equipment hardware and software trends, developing and evaluating problem determination and resolution techniques, creating and implementing a comprehensive maintenance schedule of all equipment, ensuring equipment functions properly, and serving as liaison to external technology/equipment vendors. Coordinate with Manager of ID Services for card related issues. Prepare reports on system resource usage. Liaison between Access Services and Faculty/Staff/Student programs. Assist in inventory. Assist in installation and consultation issues for the campus-wide systems that include key maintenance, security surveillance, and emergency call boxes. Manage and maintain control of the budget.
Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. This is a security-sensitive position. Reports to the Assistant Director of the University Police Department/ Emergency Management Coordinator and Director of the University Police Department.
Additional Information to Applicants:
Job Open Date: 05/10/2017
Job Close Date: 5/24/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Normal Work Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start: 8:00AM
Normal Work Hours End: 5:00PM
Applicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system., Applicant must pass the physical skills assessment relevant to the job posting title requirements., Applicant must pass the drug and alcohol test relevant to the job posting title requirements., YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. , YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A LIST OF REFERENCES.
Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
For a detailed description of this position and to apply, visit jobs.hr.txstate.edu or call (512) 245-2557 or visit our office at 601 University Dr., J.C. Kellam Bldg., Suite 340.
About Texas State and San Marcos:
Texas State University is a emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of eight campuses in the Texas State University System and one of the 75 largest universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff
Texas State is located in San Marcos, a growing community of over 50,000 people located about half way between Austin and San Antonio. Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and pecan trees on the campus add to the charm of the university's picturesque setting. Our location on the banks of the San Marcos River provides outdoor recreational activities throughout the year.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon a criminal history background check.
Texas State University is a tobacco free campus.
Texas State University is an EOE and a member of the Texas State University System.
Apply Online at Texas State University
Texas State University main webpage
Summary of Benefits
Texas State University Human Resources
San Marcos, Texas Chamber of Commerce