Dept. of Global Languages, Instructor/Assistant Professor of Spanish Language
Title Dept. of Global Languages, Instructor/Assistant Professor of Spanish Language (Full-time, 1 Year, Temporary)
Rank Assistant Professor
Tenure Information 1 year Temp
The Department of Global Languages and Literatures is committed to helping students develop an in-depth understanding of foreign languages, literatures, linguistics, cultures, and civilizations. The department prepares students to be engaged international citizens who enlist foreign language skills and knowledge to succeed in a variety of careers and intellectual disciplines in an increasingly globalized world.
We invite applications for a 1 year full time, benefited, temporary position of Instructor/Assistant Professor of Spanish Language. The ideal candidate will be able to teach all levels of Spanish language courses as well as courses in other areas of expertise, including writing and/or speaking intensive courses.
Classes may be conducted on any of BSU’s three campuses; the main campus in Bridgewater and at BSU’s satellite campuses in Attleboro and on Cape Cod. The candidate is also expected to engage in University service.
Applicants should be strongly committed to excellence in teaching, advising and working in a multicultural environment that fosters diversity. They should also have an ability to use technology effectively in teaching and learning, work collaboratively, and have a commitment to public higher education.
1. A Master’s Degree in Spanish Language.
2. Native or near-native fluency in Spanish and English.
3. Teaching experience at the college level substantiated by excellent student evaluations and/or letters of recommendation.
4. Comprehensive knowledge of the concepts, technologies, principles and practices of foreign language instruction.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and administrators.
6. Ability to exercise sound judgement in all facets of the student-teacher relationship and to teach a diverse group of college students.
Ph.D. in Spanish Language.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position: a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.