GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or Designee, the Research Associate performs a variety of complex research experiments. We seek a talented motivated Research Associate to join the laboratory of Dr. Christian Mueller in the Gene Therapy Center at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. The candidate will be working on rAAV based RNAi therapeutics and humanize liver mouse models. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts in-depth analysis of research experiments
- Performs complex laboratory experiments
- Interprets data, forms conclusion, and decides on and plans next experiments to be done with a high degree of independence
- Compiles and analyzes data and performs computations using image analysis software, spreadsheets, graphing, and curve fitting software
- May modify protocols and be responsible for a single, independent research project
- Assists in writing the text of scientific publications and grants. Reviews literature
- Trains new laboratory personnel, students, and collaborators
- Maintains laboratory supplies and equipment
- Complies with all safety and infection control standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience
- 1 year relevant research experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
- Strong background in molecular biology techniques and mouse surgery experience.
- Ability to work independently, be highly organized and have strong writing, verbal and interpersonal skills is required.