Associate Director, OSP
Department: Opportunity Scholarship Program/EOF
Title: Associate Director, OSP
New Jersey City University seeks an energetic and forward-looking individual to serve as Associate Director of the Opportunity Scholarship Program/EOF. This is an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned administrator who is passionate about educational equity and student success, and has the capacity and drive to advance NJCU's commitment to transforming lives.
Reporting to the Director of OSP/EOF Program, the Associate Director provides leadership and administrative oversight for the Opportunity Scholarship Program (EOF). The OSP program provides financial, academic, and personal support to assist approximately 550 talented students in overcoming economic and educational disadvantage. Working jointly with the Director, the Associate Director collaborates with faculty, staff, and administrators to develop strategies and initiatives designed to enhance students' educational and social experiences, improve persistence, retention and graduation rates, and reduce time-to-degree. The Associate Director for EOF assists with the following functions: 1) Reporting/Budgeting, 2) Program Development, Assessment and Evaluation, and 3) Professional Development/Staff Supervision and Evaluation. She/he will also assist in the coordination of the summer program for incoming students.
The successful candidate for the OSP Associate Director position will be a proven leader with significant experience serving underrepresented populations, developing and implementing student success initiatives, and possessing knowledge of student development theory and best practices in academic advising/coaching. This individual will have demonstrated experience in program planning, cross-campus collaboration, recruitment initiatives, student advising/counseling, and assessment. He/she will be a strategic thinker and planner with expertise, energy, and interpersonal skills to build upon the department's strengths while fostering new cultural norms, imagining and implementing programmatic innovation, and leading the program and unit to new levels of excellence.
* A Master's degree in a related discipline or area of study
* A minimum of five years recent supervisory experience in higher education administration or a related field that is directly related to the function of this position.
* Experience with: 1) Reporting/Budgeting, 2) Program Development, Assessment and Evaluation, and 3) Professional Development/Staff Supervision and Evaluation
* Demonstrated experience in program design, implementation, administration, and assessment.
Preference will be given to candidates with a background in one or more of the following areas:
* College/University academic support programs.
* Enrollment management (especially admissions and financial aid)
* Counseling experience
* Summer bridge programs
* Software packages or other information technology used to support these areas
CUT-OFF DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS: MAY, 25, 2017
Apply for Associate Director, OSP
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly