Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position provides admissions counseling for applicants to Gordon State College.
• Travels to high schools, college fairs, and other locations to recruit potential students.
• Evaluates student files and transcripts and makes admission decisions.
• Evaluates transfer files and develops transfer articulation.
• Enters student data into the computerized database.
• Scans documents into the imaging system.
• Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance.
• Advises prospective students concerning admissions policies and procedures.
• Processes international student applications.
• Assists with student orientation, campus visit days, registration, and other admissions events.
• Conducts campus tours.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one year.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.