Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position performs accounting duties related to a variety of department functions.
• Manages the asset management system.
• Assists with month-end closeout duties.
• Reconciles accounts to the general ledger.
• Recommends adjusting journal entries.
• Prepares bank reconciliations.
• Prepares payroll liability account reconciliations.
• Prepares monthly asset reconciliations.
• Prepares monthly analysis of selected funds.
• Reviews weekly accounts payable check runs.
• Assists in cash management oversight.
• Assists with grant and contract management.
• Prepares monthly reimbursement requests for MRR funds.
• Prepares quarterly and annual reports, including ad hoc reports as requested by the Board of Regents.
• Assists with year-end closing.
• Assists with the preparation of annual financial reports.
• Assists with annual audits.
• Assists with the development of internal control review and risk management analysis.
• Assists in the development of the policies and procedures manual.
• Performs quarterly petty cash audit and reconciliation.
• Performs related duties.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for two years.