Requisition Number: STFR003692
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The Senior Accountant for Operations is responsible for the daily accounting operations required to manage the University's operating budget and general ledger net assets. This position has responsibility and accountability for general accounting, reconciliations, and financial compliance for the University. Provides assistance to the Associate Controller and the Assistant Controller in the management, preparation and administration of financial reporting. Prepares accounting transactions and account reconciliations, provides relevant fiscal information to the executive management team. Is responsible for overseeing and ensuring the integrity of data flows from all interfaces into the Banner financial system. The Senior Accountant for Operations also supports the preparation of the University's annual financial statements and annual review by external auditors.
• BS in Accounting
• Minimum of 5-7 years of accounting experience
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and accounting skills essential
• High attention to detail
• Ability to conceptualize the flow of data from numerous subsystems and to identify the potential system-wide impact of changes
• Strong communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with both senior management and subordinates
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
A criminal background check is required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.