Associate Director, Co-Curricular Programming and Engagement
Direct the co-curricular side of CILMAR (Center for Intercultural Learning * Mentorship * Assessment * Research) under the guidance of the director (Dean). Supervise, support, guide and develop the three staff that report to this position. Create and implement a new co-curricular program offering that has the potential to be impactful, sustainable and available to a large number of both domestic and international students. Liaise with key student and staff constituents to promote co-curricular programs and to also recruit student participation in them. Infuse and assess intercultural learning outcomes in all program offerings. Facilitate the development of greater intercultural competency in students and staff.
- Master's degree.
- Three years’ experience in an American higher education institution with (all three) staff supervisory, co-curricular programming, and managing a budget in an American university setting. (Experiences as an undergraduate or graduate student do not apply.)
- Knowledge of one or more student learning theories.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Excellent customer service skills and professionalism in dealing with external business partners, students, faculty and staff.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build working relationships among a diverse workforce at all levels with a positive attitude and sense of humor.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Motivated individual with ability to efficiently multi task, work under pressure, handle frequent interruptions and meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify and determine problems, analyze information and implement solutions.
- Valid Driver’s Licenses.
- Experience in developing intercultural competency in university students.
- Intercultural Developmental Inventory (IDI) Qualified Administrator (QA) status.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment.
- FLSA Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.