HVAC Technician I
Job Title HVAC Technician I
The HVAC Technician I provides entry level repairs and preventative maintenance on HVAC equipment including chiller plants, energy management systems, building controls, and related equipment. Responds to off-campus work requests and provides support to other Maintenance & Operations trades.
High school diploma or equivalent.
One (1) year of experience operating and maintaining Trane or Johnson Controls Energy Management Systems, large chillers, ice storage, large towers, or other related HVAC equipment. Completion of appropriate vocational/technical training may substitute for the required experience.
Valid driver's license.
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Refrigerant Recovery Type 2 certification.
Four (4) years of experience in operating and maintaining Trane or Johnson Controls Energy Management Systems, large chillers, ice storage, large towers, or other related HVAC equipment.
Three (3) years of experience performing and recording preventative and general maintenance of chiller plant machinery.
Experience verifying and identifying proper software and hardware operations.
Selected candidates meeting Preferred Qualifications will be hired at the HVAC Technician II level.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
General knowledge of all building maintenance trades such as carpentry, plumbing, and electrical.
Knowledge of applicable safety and OSHA requirements.
Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) applications.
Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, logs, and files on equipment history and plant operations.
Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to work evenings, nights and weekends as necessary, including on-call rotations.
Salary Range $20.59 - $22.03 hourly ($43,000 - $46,000 Annually)
Essential Job Duties
•Provides entry level repairs and preventative maintenance on HVAC equipment including chiller plants, energy management systems, building controls, and related equipment.
•Uses a university supplied vehicle to respond to off campus work requests at the Buckingham Center, Naples Botanical Gardens, and other current and future off-campus properties.
•Maintains records and logs of all equipment history and plant operations as required.
•Provides support to other trades such as plumbing, carpentry, painting, general maintenance to ensure timely and efficient repair of buildings and/or equipment.
•Complies with applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations, university policy and accepted safe work practices.
•Clean and maintain work areas and personal equipment.
•Respond to emergency and after-hours equipment failures to ensure continuation of service and operations.
•Serves as essential personnel and provides assistance in the event of an emergency on campus.
•Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS273P
Open Date 05/09/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Selected applicants meeting the preferred qualifications will be hired at the level of HVAC Technician II with a hiring range of $22.51 to $24.42 hourly ($47,000.00 – $51,000.00).
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a high school diploma, equivalent, or higher?
- * Do you have one (1) or more years of recent experience operating and maintaining Trane or Johnson Controls Energy Management System, large chillers, ice storage, large towers, or other related HVAC equipment or completion of appropriate vocational/technical training?
- * Do you possess a valid driver's license?
- * Do you have an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Refrigerant Recovery Type 2 certification?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you claiming veteran's preference?
- This position is eligible for veteran's preference. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the FGCU Human Resources website and click on the link for Veteran's Preference. You may copy and paste this URL into a separate browser window for easier access to veteran's preference information: http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/. To be eligible for veteran's preference, you must upload your DD214 to this posting. A new DD214 must be uploaded with each application submitted. Forms submitted under a previous application will not transfer to another position application.
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)
- DD Form 214