Product Design Engineer
General Description of Major Tasks of Position
The primary purpose of this position is to design, create and manage 3D parts and assemblies of Yamaha sport boats. This position is also responsible for the 2D drawings of those parts, assemblies and specifications as well as bills of material.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Create 3D models of boats, parts, and assemblies and maintain them.
2. Create drawings of those parts, assemblies, and installations.
3. Create and maintain the engineering bills of material.
4. Revise current parts and drawings and create revision notices in New Base system.
5. Contact vendors for development of new parts and work through the development with them.
6. Create and maintain development schedules as required for development items.
7. Develop accurate cost analysis of parts and assemblies to ensure proper quality, cost and delivery.
8. Coordinate with R&D department to ensure quality builds and testing of prototypes.
9. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Educational and Work Qualifications
1. Possession of a Bachelor's degree in engineering.
2. 3 - 5 years experience with SolidWorks CAD software.
3. Skills in drafting and design with working knowledge of geometry, 3D surfaces, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and general blueprint reading are necessities.
4. Experience with FRP (fiberglass) is preferred but not required.
5. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business correspondence, technical/product information, policies/procedures and government regulations.
6. Ability to complete written forms, write routine complex procedures, reports and correspondence.
7. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions at all organizational levels as well as with supplier representatives.
8. Excellent team working abilities is a must.
Environmental and Working Conditions
Work involves walking, standing, sitting, reaching, etc. Requires near vision, hearing and talking.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Yamaha Jet Boat Manufacturing is located in Vonore, Tennessee (Monroe County) on the Tellico Lake at the Tellico West Industrial Park about 45 minutes south of Knoxville. We currently employ 450 people. We offer very competitive pay and a great benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, paid holidays (including MLK day and Presidents Day), STD/LTD and life insurance (paid by the company), medical, dental and vision insurance with very affordable weekly rates to the employee, 401K match of 50 cents/dollar plus profit share , and an employee purchase program on Yamaha products.
Wed, 10 May 2017 11:09:07 PDT