Pre-Award Grant Administrator
Position Number 999863
Position Classification Title Business Services Coordinator
Functional Title Pre-Award Grant Administrator
Position Type Staff
The College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) is the largest academic unit of The University of North Carolina at Greensboro. The Office of the Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences provides overall leadership and coordination for UNCG's largest academic unit, comprising 26 departments, programs, and centers. The College of Arts & Sciences is comprised of over 450 faculty and 60 staff members. The Office of Research in the College of Arts & Sciences supports faculty research, scholarship, and artistic achievement. We help identify external funding sources, plan and write competitive proposals for grants and fellowships, meet budget requirements, deadlines, and internal and external guidelines, coordinate grant administration and accounting, and navigate grant administration.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist faculty in the College of Arts & Sciences with the preparation of external funding submissions as well as to perform administrative management duties for the College Office of Research and to manage financial funds for several research networks.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist CAS faculty with all aspects of the pre-award external funding application process
- Assess stages of the proposal submission process, organize workflow, apply knowledge of both internal and external systems, identify problems and make changes as needed
- Draft proposal budgets, determining personnel cost, indirect costs, and other costs as needed for each proposal
- Draft budget justification narratives
- Assist faculty member in preparation of application forms (general application forms, grants.gov, Fastlane, ASSIST, etc.)
- Create applications and coordinate the internal grant submission process using RAMSeS
- Prepare and format various documents needed for grant submissions (biosketches, current & pending docs, etc.)
- Assist faculty with identifying sources for grant funding by conducting searches for funding opportunities, usually by searching sponsor websites
- Act as primary contact for CAS Office of Research
- Provide administrative support for Associate Dean for Research including scheduling meetings, preparing reports, composing correspondence, and assisting with special
- Periodically review and update the CAS Office of Research website in Wordpress
- Manage multiple CAS Research Office and Research Network funds
BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION OR A RELATED DISCIPLINE; OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE. ALL DEGREES MUST BE RECEIVED FROM APPROPRIATELY ACCREDITED INSTITUTIONS.
- Experience in contracts and grants
- Experience in a university setting
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Recruitment Range $32,675 - $40,718
Org #-Department Dean's Office-College of Arts & Sci - 12201
Work Hours of Position 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Band Business Services Coordinator
Competency Level Journey
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
Business & Records Administration -
Ability to manage well-defined business functions for a department unit or an organization. Ability to collect and analyze information and prepare reports.
Ability to apply policies and procedures related to business practices and internal control procedure.
Information Processing & Decision-Making -
Ability to identify, recognize, and resolve problems that have established precedents and limited impact.
Ability to compile, organize, and analyze financial information and other data. Ability to review, examine, and prepare documents.
Ability to explain and interpret programs, policies, and procedures using standard formats. Ability to advise others in most matters related to program operations.
Ability to communicate factual information, general guidelines, and standard procedures.
Financial Management -
Ability to frequently serve as an internal resource on financial matters with responsibilities including reconciling budget expenditures and, monitoring accounts. May require ability to manage a budget with limited funding sources.
May require ability to compile financial data for reporting purposes.
Open Date 05/10/2017
Close Date 06/02/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following options best describes your higher education history?
- No Response
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a directly related field
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an unrelated field
- Associate's Degree in a directly related field
- Associate's Degree in an unrelated field
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- less than 1 year
- High School Diploma or GED
- * How many years of experience in a directly related field do you have?
- No Response
- 6 or more years
- 5 years
- 4 years
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- 4 months
- less than 4 months
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu