Orthopedic Office Manager
Meli Orthopedic Center of Excellence; Margate, Florida
Meli Orthopedic Center of Excellence, a leading provider of orthopedic services, has an immediate opening for an Office Manager to lead our expanding practice. In this role, you will apply expert management experience and an intimate knowledge of medical practice and physician management to growing our physician practice in Broward County, Florida. Working out of our 5000 sq/ft office, you will enjoy autonomy as well as the support of an experienced, dedicated, team-oriented organization. If you are passionate about orthopedics you will fit right into our progressive organization. You can have no bigger impact today than joining our team.
- Previous orthopedic medical office management (minimum 5 years)
- Oversight of front/back medical office functions
- Oversight of Quality Assurance
- Team training and development
- Analysis and reporting
- Liaison with Finance and Operations
- Monitor team performance and drive best practices
- Manage EMR system settings and formatting at an administrative level
- Daily management of staff (receptionists, medical assistants)
- Hiring, supervision, evaluation and performance feedback
- Evaluate staff performance and work quality to ensure consistency and adherence to policies and procedures
Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
- Assess situations, uncover problems, identify potential solutions and make decisions
- Staffing requirements, quality control procedures, equipment needs and scheduling
Integrated Delivery System
- Optimize the use of technology, staff and resources
- Assign staff for specific responsibilities, deploy technology for patient assessment, evaluation or care, reassign resources when needed and restructure work processes for improved efficiency and effectiveness
- Integrate delivery processes for optimal patient care based on available resources.
- Develop and implement and enforce policies and procedures according to prescribed guidelines
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures for the safety, health, and security of patients and staff
- Identify potential breaches of policy and implement corrective measures to ensure adherence.
- Ensure the safety, security and confidentiality of patient information
- Execute policies to protect the privacy of all patients and adhere to the guidelines prescribed by HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act) and other governing bodies
- Enforce confidentiality policies and execute corrective actions when needed.
- Stay current with information technology to ensure effective utilization of information technology databases and software to capture pertinent patient information
- Manage information technology proficiently and serve as a key point of control for systems to ensure availability of necessary information technology support.
- Manage all reporting and record-keeping functions within their realm of control
- Deliver periodic reports regarding operational effectiveness and performance, including budget management and control
Two locations-Margate and Ft. Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wed, 10 May 2017 12:19:58 PDT