Project Engineer - Heavy Civil Construction
Bay Cities Paving & Grading, Inc., a growing heavy civil construction company, based in Concord, California, with 50+ years of stability has an opening for a full time Project Engineer in our Concord Office. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a great group of people, in a friendly environment, within the fast paced industry of construction.
The Project Engineer will be part of the overall engineering team that supports the Project Managers in all operational aspects of a construction project.
• Conduct safety inspections.
• Assist Project Manager in preparation of CPM schedule, cost loading, and monthly updating.
• Perform job cost analysis, daily job cost and pre-planning cost and performance analysis.
• Assist the evaluation and preparation of proposed contract change orders, including preparation of cost estimates and evaluation of impact to the overall project.
• Assist in the coordination and scheduling of subcontractors and other forces.
• Act as primary liaison between the field operations and central accounting department for the purpose of accurate time keeping procedures, complete job cost accounting and reporting, and monthly billing to project owners.
• Daily correspondence with project owners and attend weekly meetings with project owners.
• Work with Area and Project Superintendents developing short term working schedules, tracking material needs and availability for all projects.
• Track and document quantities and field measurements for progress payment purposes.
• Prepare as-builts.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
The above list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.
Entry level of 1 to 2 years general engineering experience.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Construction Management, or an Associate's Degree in Construction Management or related fields. SWPPP and QSP Certified preferred.
• Understanding of Blueprints and project specifications.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic skills in scheduling software, such as Primavera P6, and Microsoft P6.
Bay Cities provides full service for road and freeway projects from paving to sanitary, storm and water work. By owning and maintaining its own equipment, Bay Cities is able to mobilize quickly and perform emergency work when time is of the essence. With a core of key managers and field personnel, Bay Cities has been able to produce quality work year after year. Today, Bay Cities employs approximately 250 workers, is a BART-certified Minority Owned Business, and has been recognized by the San Francisco Business Times as the largest Latino-owned business in the East Bay.
Bay Cities work in the public sector includes work for such entities as Caltrans, Bay Area Rapid Transit, the Port of Oakland, the San Francisco International Airport and other local agencies including school districts. In the private arena, Bay Cities work has encompassed private schools, hotels, business parks, commercial developments, churches, subdivisions, and storage facilities. In both public and private work, time is of the necessity and Bay Cities has established a record of working with Owners to complete projects on-schedule and within budget.
Wed, 10 May 2017 13:03:11 PDT