General Description of Opportunity:
Align Builders is growing! We have a strong need for a Superintendents who possess strong values, can provide clear communication, offers consistently strong work ethic, and has the ability to build strong lasting relationships. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a progressive and growing company with clear focus and purpose.
Competencies / Characteristics Required:
- • Strong team player with a reputation of hard work ethic and unfaultable ethics
- • Can read and interpret plans, specifications, and code
- • Communicates productively and clearly
- • Organizes daily/weekly tasks
- • Disciplined in managing and executing multiple tasks and assignments
- • Ability to travel within the San Diego/Orange County region
- • Understands and recognizes quality
- • Aptitude and passion to learn, listen, and grow
- • Maintains a positive and professional attitude under pressure
- • Clearly understand and embraces working TOETHER as a team
Essential Functions and Abilities Required:
- • Provide full time day-to-day supervision on site, coordinating all trades in a productive and safe manner.
- • Organizes and solves critical issues and road blocks on a daily basis.
- • Manages the CPM schedule and Three Week Look Ahead to ensure delivery of our commitments.
- • Understands and utilizes LEAN fundamentals to determine the most productive work flow.
- • Managers and delivers projects with a high standard of quality.
- • Maintains a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- • Manages the jobsite safety program and keeps all project participants accountable to rules/regulations.
- • Conduct effective weekly coordination meetings with trade foremen.
- • Maintain detailed daily logs of all project activities.
- • Schedules interim and final inspections required by jurisdictional authority.
- • Works with Project Team to maintain and organized project fundamental (submittals, RFI's, Safety, Closeout, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Coordination - Proven skills to effectively coordinate and deliver complex projects within new and existing/operational environments.
- Building Fundamentals - has a range of experience in field operations, construction means and methods, including project scheduling, management of subcontractors, and project closeout.
- Safety - is competent in the management of all major construction hazards through training and experience. Has the ability to effectively identify hazardous conditions and unsafe acts or practices.
- Financial Understanding - understands project cost reports and can use them to evaluate the financial status of a project.
Education / Experience Required:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience as a superintendent having successfully managed projects of at least $1M in value.
- Experience should be in commercial construction, preferably in Health Care (OSHPD), Life Sciences, and Office.
- Strong computer skills with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and basic skills with scheduling software Primavera P3.
- Interpersonal skills - ability to engage with business partners and team members in a constructive, productive way to overcome obstacles and achieve results
Align Builders, Inc. is a Southern California based general contractor delivering solutions in the technical and demanding markets of Healthcare, Life Sciences, Industrial, and Corporate construction.
We are a cohesive team that is flat out passionate about planning, finding solutions, and bringing people together to make things happen!
Orange County, CA
Wed, 10 May 2017 22:34:03 PDT