Adjunct Faculty- Communication Sciences and Disorders
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Elmhurst College in the greater Chicago area invites applications to join the pool of part-time (adjunct) faculty for the 2017-18 academic year.
We particularly welcome candidates interested in teaching introductory courses in American Sign Language and Deaf Culture.
Department-The undergraduate program in Communication Sciences and Disorders was founded in 1946. The masters program in speech-language pathology was granted candidacy by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) in 2013. The department is located in a newer building and houses a speech-language-hearing clinic and new FEES laboratory.
1. Prepare course syllabi for assigned course based on approved course description.
2. Hold regular class meetings that promote active learning and student engagement.
3. Create and administer learning activities; assign grades based on clear requirements.
4. Be available for student questions.
5. Follow College and departmental policies.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required; master’s degree preferred.
2. High proficiency in American Sign Language; prefer National Interpreter Certification or previous similar designations from the RID or the equivalent.
3. Illinois interpreter licensure preferred.
4. Will also consider candidates with a strong background in deaf education.
5. Prior experience teaching ASL and deaf culture topics is preferred.
6. Commitment to excellence in college-level teaching.