Safari Telecom, Inc. has an immediate need for a full time Network Engineer to join our growing Team. Safari Telecom has been providing voice, data, hardware, and wireless solutions to customers in the NY-NJ Metropolitan Area. At Safari, we have grown and thrived in our industry while our competitors have struggled and some have disappeared. The answer to our success has been our people. Being part of our team means being a part of a collaborative working environment with a focus on innovation, a customer-oriented vision, flexibility, enthusiasm, and expertise.
The successful candidate is expected to be well versed across the wide variety of technologies that include routing, switching, security, telephony, VoIP, WLAN and more. It is an exciting opportunity in a high paced environment.
Please provide your salary requirements when responding. No phone calls to our office, please. Thank you.
Overview of Work Responsibilities:
- Design and implement a network with routers, firewalls, and switches for a VoIP and data environment
- Setup and support WI-Fi deployments
- Support Microsoft and Apple workstations
- Independently maintain and troubleshoot LAN and WAN networks
- Assist with documentation updates and management
- At least 5 years in a technical / IT customer-support role
- Experience with installing networks using devices including routers, switches, firewalls
- General understanding of voice, data, copper and and fiber deployment/support
- Support of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wireless networks
- Basic understanding of Metro Ethernet, FiOS, Cable Modems, and T1 support
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP, Subnetting, VLANs, DHCP, DNS, and QoS
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Must be able to interface with all team members (technical and non-technical)
- CCNA, CWNA, MSCE certifications preferred
Safari Telecom has been providing voice, data, hardware, and wireless solutions to the specialized event industry for over a decade. At these events, Safari Telecom delivers a single solution-design, install and support of all types of communications including high density Wi-Fi solutions, voice networking, wireless broadband for internet and other data connectivity, and much more.
Wed, 10 May 2017 12:52:42 PDT