- Takes lead in interfacing with specialty contractors and suppliers to coordinate and manage their activities in the best interest of meeting the project schedule, delivering quality work and adhering to budget guidelines while building customer relationships.
- Adheres to mission, values and best practices in safety, management and leadership of project.
- Prepares project schedule and communicates to all parties the sequence of performing their work holding everyone accountable to meet timetable.
- Works closely with the project manager to ensure smooth project completion that is on time, within budget, safe, profitable, of the highest technical quality, and exceptional personal customer service.
- Coordinates specialty contractors to assure all activities are performed per schedule and plans and specs.
- Oversees quality control and safety of work performed on the jobsite and has a clear understanding of the expectations of the customer, tenant, project manager, and the specialty contractor to ensure delivery of a quality and safe project.
- Identifies up front the estimated supervision and General Conditions cost in order to manage within budget assuring cost control and estimated profitability.
- Coordinates with project manager to order materials with sufficient lead times.
- Identifies cost savings and value engineering opportunities
- Oversees jobsite housekeeping
- Oversees safety on the jobsite and proactively coordinates jobsite safety training, inspections and practices to ensure zero incidents or near misses.
- Oversees smooth job close out process by completing as built drawings, zero punch list, completing inspections and sign offs, and preparing all warranties, material samples, permits, etc.
- Participates in presentations, meetings, pre-construction reviews with clients and architects.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Three to five years of successful experience as a superintendent or equivalent experience working in a trade. Strong plan reading ability. Strong computer skills. High school diploma or GED desired.
DESIRED SKILLS: Ability to multi-task, organized, good planner, good team builder, team player, effective communicator, building knowledge, familiarity with estimating and Timberline software, ability to relate well to all types of people, strong interpersonal skills, bi-lingual with English as first language and Spanish as second language.
Recently celebrating a twenty five-year milestone, McCaslin-Hill Construction is considered a top commercial contractor operating in the Dallas and Fort Worth metroplex area. McCaslin-Hill Construction projects includes interior finish outs, remodeling, and ground up jobs with a reputation for excellent customer service and quality work. Our reputation is built on providing superior construction services in a fair, reliable and responsive manner with the utmost in integrity and discipline.
Wed, 10 May 2017 12:12:01 PDT