Honors Program Coordinator
Since 1978, the Honors Program has attracted outstanding students and offered them an intellectually challenging and culturally enriched education. The program is committed to developing well-rounded individuals, engaged citizens, effective leaders and graduates who are prepared for successful careers in all fields. The classroom experience stresses excellent teaching, academic rigor, and active learning. Outside the classroom, students are introduced to a rich array of cultural programming both at Baruch and throughout the city. In addition, the Honors Program requires studenst to engage in community service.
This position reports to the Director of the Honors Program. The Coordinator is responsible for supporting Honors programming, communications and managing office work flow. As such the Honors Program Coordinator:
- Schedules and support events, collaborating with Honors team to schedule, advertise and host programs.The coordinator will support orientation, cohort meetings and Honors workshops.
- Maintains and develops content on the Honors webpage, including posting announcements and writing up relevant material, including program promotion materials and the public events calendar.
- Writes, edits and creates Honors Connect, the weekly program e-newsletter.
- Responds to reception visitors, program related email and phone inquiries.
- Maintains student records using CUNY first and program database.
- Coordinates prorgram financial activities promptly and professionally.
- Serves as a liaison to other college departments.
- Provides administrative support to Honors staff on program related issues.
- Assists in supervision of student assistants.
Bachelor's Degree required. Expertise in Word, Excel and WordPress preferred.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$39,282 - $51,153; salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
June 8, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Baruch College
Job Title: Honors Program Coordinator
Job ID: 16763
Full/Part Time: Full-Time