Confidential Executive Coordinator - President's Office
This position will report to the President of The City College of New York, and will be the first point of contact for the President's Office.
This position will:
- Provide administrative support for the operations of the office including but not limited to, ordering supplies utilizing CUNYfirst and updating office reports.
- Assist with maintaining and tracking budget information.
- Update files and spreadsheets to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinate with multiple departments on campus to assist with the President's scheduling and events.
- Provide basic information to students, employees, and internal/external stakeholders on behalf of the President's Office.
Bachelor's degree required.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Experience exercising confidentiality in all forms of communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads while maintaining the accuracy of information
- Exceptional customer service and be hospitable and professional in all interactions
- Experience using CUNYfirst, tracking budgets and/or working with reports
- CUNY or City College experience
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides administrative support as a confidential assistant to a Campus or University Executive.
- Coordinates office operations such as meetings, communications, events, and reports
- Maintains extensive files and records for the unit
- Maintains accurate calendars, schedules, and key dates
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using appropriate technology; runs basic system queries and reports
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s), manuals, and other materials
- Provides clear communications on the Executive's behalf both within and outside the unit
- Performs related duties as assigned.
This position is excluded from union representation.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
May 23, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: City College of New York
Job Title: Confidential Executive Coordinator - President's Office
Job ID: 16755
Full/Part Time: Full-Time